• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone Is Sad

NJPanthers12

11 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Tell me about his qb room 

how about his WR room

or TE room 

or his offensive coaching staff 

I’ll wait 

How about that defense which he specializes in with studs like horn, burns, chinn, and brown on it. Mike evans is still open 15 hours later.

this guys stunk in Arizona and got fired. The best job he could get was at Missouri after that. Then the Panthers gave him a chance as position coach, not even coordinator. 

He is 5-6 since he took over , and you would think by listening to the god awful Charlotte media and a group of dumb fans that he is 11-0. This guy would be a much worse ron rivera.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, panthers55 said:

You clearly don't have a clue and general concensus is he did a great job under the circumstances. If we don't hire him someone else will which could be quite an embarrassment to Tepper if he does better than whoever we pick. Acting as if he would be a bad hire is way overblown and give you no credibility. Saying it over and over just confirms it.

Got it. Let me just clarify it for you one more time. If the Panthers hire Steve Wilks it would be one of the worst coaching hires of all time and would set this franchise back a minimum 5 years . Not even Davis Tepper is stupid enough to do that.

Counter Point:  How has it felt to have meaningful football in December/January for the first time since 2017?  Pretty darn good.

The reality is that most of us were hoping to win yesterday, win the division this weekend, and be ready to give the Cowboys the beating of their lives.  It's not going to happen, didn't happen, and it sucks.

While I have no problem giving opinions about Wilks or coaches, some of y'all get worked into a lather about who will coach next year.  It's out of our hands.  We can have our preferences, but chill out.  As the kids say, go touch some grass =P

Wilks has done a really good job in a short time period taking the poo stain of a team that went 1-5 under Rhule, cleansing his BS and building a tough football team.  That means something there of course.

Does that make him the defacto coach?  No.  There is still the Roney Rule that must be observed, and a lot of soul searching.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'm a little sadder this morning.

Lady Cowboy Fan has tested positive for the virus. She has a heart condition so she's an elevated risk case as well.

Her sister apparently had it when she came here for Christmas. She has various lung issues so her having those kinds of symptoms wasn't necessarily anything unusual.

I'm still negative so far.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

24 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Got it. Let me just clarify it for you one more time. If the Panthers hire Steve Wilks it would be one of the worst coaching hires of all time and would set this franchise back a minimum 5 years . Not even Davis Tepper is stupid enough to do that.

Again way overblown. There is a rich history of NFL coaches who flamed out and were terrible.  The Panthers have had their share with the most recent being Rhule. Wilkes has already shown he is a leader of men and can elevate the play of those he coaches. What he needs to show to Tepper is that he can bring in some great assistants and develop a modern day offense.  But again with most folks saying he has done a good job and deserves a full time gig, you are out in left field like usual without a clue.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Again way overblown. There is a rich history of NFL coaches who flamed out and were terrible.  The Panthers have had their share with the most recent being Rhule. Wilkes has already shown he is a leader of men and can elevate the play of those he coaches. What he needs to show to Tepper is that he can bring in some great assistants and develop a modern day offense.  But again with most folks saying he has done a good job and deserves a full time gig, you are out in left field like usual without a clue.

Nothing says modern day offense like wilks. This is really a moot point. There is no chance Tepper hires this guy full time and I’m going to love the melt that will happen once he is let go. Finally bright times ahead for this franchise.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm a little sadder this morning.

Lady Cowboy Fan has tested positive for the virus. She has a heart condition so she's an elevated risk case as well.

Her sister apparently had it when she came here for Christmas. She has various lung issues so her having those kinds of symptoms wasn't necessarily anything unusual.

I'm still negative so far.

Good news is the latest variants going around seem to be good at evading antibodies but haven't shown to be causing folks to get seriously ill or die even in many high risk cases. So hopefully you can avoid getting it and she should be good to go in a week. My mom is 84, 200 lbs overweight and has congestive heart failure. She has had Covid at least twice and frankly had only minor symptoms.. Good luck.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Nothing says modern day offense like wilks. This is really a moot point. There is no chance Tepper hires this guy full time and I’m going to love the melt that will happen once he is let go. Finally bright times ahead for this franchise.

I don't think folks will melt down unless we hire a guy with no head coach experience and then screw up in the draft. I could see us hiring a guy like Reich or someone who is offensive minded but has experience running a team. I don't see Tepper hiring an unproven entity again and many of the young offensive minds are just that. For every Sean McVay there are plenty of Matt Rhules and Kliff Kingsburys who have flamed out or have struggled to do much.

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Good news is the latest variants going around seem to be good at evading antibodies but haven't shown to be causing folks to get seriously ill or die even in many high risk cases. So hopefully you can avoid getting it and she should be good to go in a week. My mom is 84, 200 lbs overweight and has congestive heart failure. She has had Covid at least twice and frankly had only minor symptoms.. Good luck.

Appreciated.

Lady Cowboy Fan works in the healthcare field, though she's generally not in a direct patient contact role. Even with that caveat, I'm kind of surprised she went this long without getting it.

Her sister doesn't have the greatest immune system. As she puts it "that woman could catch something from someone just passing by them while a breeze is blowing" 😕

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, NJPanthers12 said:

How about that defense which he specializes in with studs like horn, burns, chinn, and brown on it. Mike evans is still open 15 hours later.

this guys stunk in Arizona and got fired. The best job he could get was at Missouri after that. Then the Panthers gave him a chance as position coach, not even coordinator. 

He is 5-6 since he took over , and you would think by listening to the god awful Charlotte media and a group of dumb fans that he is 11-0. This guy would be a much worse ron rivera.

5-6 with a team that won 11 out of 38 games... 

Let's not forget that and if you listen to the post game, at least one of the deep touchdowns was because a safety didn't play the coverage that was called. 

Let's not talk about Arizona,  he didn't get to pick his staff or have input on draft picks or free agency signings.