• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Ryan: Wilks Unlikely To Be Next HC. Tepper has Affinity for Demeco Ryans.

Proudiddy

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Snow wasn't anything special.

Neither is Wilks but that guy is a straight up weird one. His taste in coaches and quarterbacks is baaaad. He loved Rhule loves Sam Darnold hated Bridgewater hates Cam Newton. If it were up to him we would still be watching Matt Rhule sink this franchise.

• Pie 1

idgaf if they're an OC, DC, or run the ST. Hire a leader that wants to do more than approve the team's social media posts. Get an actual student of the game with a passion for leading in here.

Though at this point, I'd be grateful for a coach that makes adjustments and understands clock management simply because I haven't seen that in a looong time here. 😬

I think a perspective some may be missing in this whole offense vs defense coach thing is age. I think its possible that a young DS also understands the new NFL and what it takes to win in it. It would be hard to imagine Ryan bringing in some dinosaur NFL offensive coordinator, especially taking a look at who he has been exposed to on that side of the ball. 

It is true a good OC will probably get HC consideration and we could lose out that way....but we have all also seen that personally with the DC too. Going from McDermott to Wilks was a step back and then from Wilks to Eric Washington ( and in a round about way Holcomb ) were big drops. 

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Why?

Why do some owners have this OBSESSION with hiring DEFENSIVE Coordinators as Head Coaches?

I just can't understand it.

Because eventually they know that this who "HIRE A OFFENSIVE GURU" trend will die and defenses will end up figuring out these offenses. 

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Because eventually they know that this who "HIRE A OFFENSIVE GURU" trend will die and defenses will end up figuring out these offenses. 

What Trend?

All I've seen are DC's hired as Head Coaches.

And these DC's have zero head Coaching experience, to boot.

And most of them wash out. 

Why can't we have one who was an Offensive Coordinator at one point? 

Someone who knows as much about offense as DC's know about Defense?

41 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

What Trend?

All I've seen are DC's hired as Head Coaches.

And these DC's have zero head Coaching experience, to boot.

And most of them wash out. 

Why can't we have one who was an Offensive Coordinator at one point? 

Someone who knows as much about offense as DC's know about Defense?

Ummm I am talking league wide... McVay, Shanahan, McDaniels, Zac Taylor, Matt LaFluer, etc .. I think many teams will figure out these offenses and eventually teams will go back to hiring defensive minded coaches to counter these high offensive plays.

Personally, I think the whole "we need an offensive guy" thing is overplayed and not every defensive coach will be "conservative" .  

Honestly though, it really don't matter who is coaching this team, so as long as they get them on right track and this team becomes a playoff caliber team again 

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Ummm I am talking league wide... McVay, Shanahan, McDaniels, Zac Taylor, Matt LaFluer, etc .. I think many teams will figure out these offenses and eventually teams will go back to hiring defensive minded coaches to counter these high offensive plays.

Personally, I think the whole "we need an offensive guy" thing is overplayed and not every defensive coach will be "conservative" .  

Honestly though, it really don't matter who is coaching this team, so as long as they get them on right track and this team becomes a playoff caliber team again 

That's fair.

I just don't want this team to suck....again.