• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That...is... horsesh-t 🤬

All it takes is for one superstar player to say 

"Roger Goodell does not care about the safety of the players, I cannot in good faith continue to play in this league until he is no longer in charge"

Someone like Mahomes says that, all the other players will follow, the owners will cave and fire him

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

CPR for 9 minutes is really bad.

BUT, if he was coding you would think they would rush him out asap.

Not how it works. No pulse and not breathing, you're on cpr until you get a pulse back. There's a machine that does the compressions for you that can be used to supplement this so you can transport but that is for specific scenarios 

Just now, TheBigKat said:

"Roger Goodell does not care about the safety of the players, I cannot in good faith continue to play in this league until he is no longer in charge"

Someone like Mahomes says that, all the other players will follow, the owners will cave and fire him

you're not wrong.

Get rid of thursday night games while we're at it.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

If this is indeed TRUE, the NFLPA should prohibit their players to play until Roger is fired

If it's true Goodell is as good as done. He'll try to spin it as protocol whatever but he'll be done. There will be no saving him.

That's how it felt watching it live. That's how ESPN interpreted it. In an effort to avoid a PR disaster the NFL created one. This will be used as an example of how not to handle PR in crucial situations for years. It was BAD. You can't just clam up and go silent leaving your media partner to try to cover for you from a distance with no info. They waited almost half an hour to officially temporarily suspend the game. It was nearly an hour before they officially called it off for the night. Zero other communication in the meantime. Meanwhile your media partner (and the fans in the stadium) is watching players walking around with no uniforms and the sidelines getting packed up knowing this game isn't going to continue. Silence isn't an option. But it's the path Goodell and the NFL chose. This will cost Goodell his commissionership.

Jeremy Rener just went through blunt force trauma to the chest. Obviously different means to the accident. Hoping both guys pull through. He is in stable but critical condition. Prayers.

In a statement sent to PEOPLE, Renner's representative says, "We can confirm that Jeremy has suffered blunt chest trauma and orthopedic injuries and has undergone surgery today, January 2nd, 2023. He has returned from surgery and remains in the intensive care unit in critical but stable condition."

7 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I mean, two of the biggest were involved tonight in Allen and Burrow.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, two of the biggest were involved tonight in Allen and Burrow.

if they both come out and say they won't play anymore because the NFL Commish wanted them to have a 5 min break after a 9 minute CPR session, all the players will follow. There's no way Roger spins this

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Jeremy Rener just went through blunt force trauma to the chest. Obviously different means to the accident. Hoping both guys pull through. He is in stable but critical condition. Prayers.

In a statement sent to PEOPLE, Renner's representative says, "We can confirm that Jeremy has suffered blunt chest trauma and orthopedic injuries and has undergone surgery today, January 2nd, 2023. He has returned from surgery and remains in the intensive care unit in critical but stable condition."

Damn. In other news, Ken Block died in a snowmobile accident today.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I think Skip Bayless is nothing more than a professional troll but I think y'all are looking too much into a poorly thought out tweet. I didn't read it as nefarious. I think he was basically thinking out loud. I made a similar post earlier. Like how are they going to reschedule this game this late in the season even if they want to? He ended it by saying it feels like it really doesn't matter in the current atmosphere. It was basically just clumsily worded. He's a professional blowhard dickhead but I'm just not seeing the awfulness in that tweet.

He hasn't exactly earned himself the benefit of the doubt 

• Pie 1

it’s funny how so many don’t understand gooddell is literally (and simply) just a puppet. y’all think he’s calling shots lol

he’s there to take the shots, including being fired, it will just be next man up 

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

it’s funny how so many don’t understand gooddell is literally (and simply) just a puppet. y’all think he’s calling shots lol

he’s there to take the shots, including being fired, it will just be next man up 

Oh, for sure. I fully understand that. Funny enough, having a pair of balls would've actually saved him tonight 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Benefit of the doubt isn't needed. You gotta already have a vendetta and be reaching pretty hard to find issue with that tweet.

I hate having to defend that douchebag but there's just nothing there.

Yeah, when tragedy occurs, people want to start looking for someone to be mad at. Bayless didn’t mean anything by the tweet. Every network will be discussing the reschedule/cancel debate tomorrow. 

• Pie 4