• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Jim Harbaugh - Carolina focusing attention elsewhere

therealmjl

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

It’s an interim job 

He wasn't even qualified for that.

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I don’t get it, Harbaugh is better than all three of these guys and could arguably be the best coach we’ve ever had and we just say “meh”

Again, where are people getting the notion that these are our only candidates?

• Beer 1

I m thinking if I want the best hire, and all this talk is around a certain guy. 
Why wouldn’t we at least talk to him?   I would at least talk to the person and see for myself, instead of listening to what the other competitors are saying. 

I would not consider what the players are saying, cause a few weeks ago they was behind Rhule.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He wasn't even qualified for that.

Again, where are people getting the notion that these are our only candidates?

Ok you got me there haha

I know they won’t be the only candidates for the job, but to pass on Harbaugh and interview these guys instead, screams Tepper doesn’t have a clue. I mean haven’t you said you don’t trust Tepper as well? 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Ok you got me there haha

I know they won’t be the only candidates for the job, but to pass on Harbaugh and interview these guys instead, screams Tepper doesn’t have a clue. I mean haven’t you said you don’t trust Tepper as well? 

I don't, but that doesn't mean I disagree with everything he does 

(I definitely agreed with firing Matt Rhule)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't, but that doesn't mean I disagree with everything he does 

Oh I don’t either, it’s just his track record shows he isn’t good. The logo at midfield and the practice bubble…that’s about it. Heck, he can’t even get the field right. He just calls us basement dwellers bc we call out his bs. 

If you don’t trust him to make the right choice, why do you think he’s making the right call by passing on a superior HC? 

Edited by The Lobo

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Oh I don’t either, it’s just his track record shows he isn’t good. The logo at midfield and the practice bubble…that’s about it. Heck, he can’t even get the field right. He just calls us basement dwellers bc we call out his bs. 

If you don’t trust him to make the right choice, why do you think he’s making the right call by passing on a superior HC? 

Because I'm not convinced the next iteration of Harbaugh is "a superior HC".

The Vikings passed on him last year and it hasn't exactly turned out bad.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because I'm not convinced the next iteration of Harbaugh is "a superior HC".

The Vikings passed on him last year and it hasn't exactly turned out bad.

I hear you, but did they pass on him or did he just go back to Michigan bc all he wanted was more money? 

we were quick to hire Rhule who did nothing in college, meanwhile Harbaugh has done something college and in the pros.

Edited by The Lobo
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Wishbone is part of NFL history too, but I wouldn't suggest employing it today.

Of the coaches listed, only Pete Carroll actually has final say. Heck, Reid specifically stated he leaves personnel stuff to Brett Veach.

Tomlin had Colbert, Payton had Loomis, Coughlin had to dial back to start winning and Parcells actually got worse the more control he got (his trophy came working with Ernie Accorsi).

Having a total control coach is not a popular model these days, and for good reason.

Well said.

27 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I hear you, but did they pass on him or did he just go back to Michigan bc all he wanted was more money? 

we were quick to hire Rhule who did nothing in college, meanwhile Harbaugh has done something college and in the pros.

They passed on him.

After that, he acted like a child saying he didn't really want the job.

• Pie 1

My guess:

Harbaugh kept shouting "go team" while Tepper was asking him about favorite meatball recipes.

Harbaugh asked for total control, including one day a month when he worked at a DMV and told everyone they had the wrong paperwork and made them run laps around the office.

Harbaugh kept saying "there's something on your desk I must have" and smiled in a way that even Tepper found to be creepy.

7 hours ago, Vox said:

"Reports out of Minnesota about Harbaugh's interview last year with the Vikings made Tepper wary, sources say. A lengthy interview between the Vikings and Harbaugh last January didn't result in an offer, and sources describe Harbaugh's behavior during the interview as "odd.""

"After firing Rhule this season, Tepper was believed to eventually eye an offensive-minded coach already in the NFL. Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Cowboys offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey could be among the coaches that Carolina requests to interview."

That list is trash and reeks of trying to find “the new fuging thing” instead of finally being consistent and competent..

• Pie 1

Yeah, I didn't think Tepper had the balls to pull the trigger. Jim is insane, but he's no pushover. Tepper wouldn't be able handle someone with actual bravado. He'll want someone he can control, someone who he can 'collaborate' with and point the finger at when things go south again.