• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL coaching and front office news

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He followed Saleh to New York from the 49ers. Now they're "mutually parting ways". Gotta imagine there's a story there.

My first thought would be to wonder whether he joins his brother in Green Bay.

One had to wonder. Strange move by the Jets but it seems OC’s are getting the ax nowadays. He would be the ideal OC for Wilks if he gets the job. The 49ers’ offense is a model of who we want to be: a physical smashmouth running with a complimentary passing game. Being a pupil of K Shanahan, I can see the same system working nicely here.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I would think the new HC would like to pick his OC.

Thats correct, a wise HC would already have LaFleurs promise..... Im just shocked he is available and totally get/approve the new HC should hire the OC...... i just want this young high football IQ mind on the panthers staff...

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

One had to wonder. Strange move by the Jets but it seems OC’s are getting the ax nowadays. He would be the ideal OC for Wilks if he gets the job. The 49ers’ offense is a model of who we want to be: a physical smashmouth running with a complimentary passing game. Being a pupil of K Shanahan, I can see the same system working nicely here.

Bet Wilks has already made a call.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Bet Wilks has already made a call.

If hes has OC LaFleur in/on the staff plan, that would switch my disapprove to " welllllllllll its a solid combo " *but* I know he would keep Al as DC and thus I fall back to looking back the other names.....but ANY HC that has Lafleur listed as thier OC, about as strong as you can get. hes checks alll the boxes and very young....he may even get some HC calls, watch the cards give him a call.....i bet..

Edited by Basbear

18 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why? Guy doesn’t have the job. 

He still has to be putting feelers out for his potential staff. Having actual names of guys you've contacted and know have potential interest to give Tepper is a much better case to make than simply saying your plan is to hire a good OC then have to admit that no, you haven't actually seen if those guys have are actually interested.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1