• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Bears trade Fields and draft QB at 1?

*FreeFua*

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fields is entering year 3 and the Bears roster is awful.

You better LOVE Fields if you’re going to pass on Young/Stroud. 

Either you flip 1 for a small fortune. Trade Fields for a couple of picks. Or use the 1st pick on a non QB position…

I think we'll see during the evaluations if a non-QB rises very high.  I don't think there is that player.

I think they trade out of the #1 pick, remain in the top 10, and get another 2 first round future draft picks (or equivalent value) and/or a good WR too.

Someone else (Krovvy I believe) had suggested Moore plus a couple firsts to move up to #1.  It could work. Woulda been more likely if Moore had balled out with Sam today. Woulda really increased his value to have another 1k yard season, but I think it is very easy to argue he's handicapped by terrible QB play.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I think we'll see during the evaluations if a non-QB rises very high.  I don't think there is that player.

I think they trade out of the #1 pick, remain in the top 10, and get another 2 first round future draft picks and/or a good WR too.

Someone else (Krovvy I believe) had suggested Moore plus a couple firsts to move up to #1.  It could work. Woulda been more likely if Moore had balled out with Sam today. Woulda really increased his value to have another 1k yard season, but I think it is very easy to argue he's handicapped by terrible QB play.

I believe a Chicago would accept DJ Moore + 9th overall pick + our first next year for the First Overall Pick. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Chicago is not trading Fields or drafting a QB with the first overall pick. I’d bet my forum account on it vs anyone who thinks otherwise. 

I like Fields but he’s taken quite the beating already in 2 seasons

Is what he’s doing on the ground sustainable? It’s a BIG part of his game.

They’d be foolish not to do their homework on the top QB’s. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I like Fields but he’s taken quite the beating already in 2 seasons

Is what he’s doing on the ground sustainable? It’s a BIG part of his game.

They’d be foolish not to do their homework on the top QB’s. 

They’d only be foolish to not pretend interest to increase the value of their pick if they trade it 

Coming from someone who desperately wanted Fields in that draft and at the time thought we completely blew it passing on him, I actually think they should trade him. He's a very poor man's Lamar, who I'm not particularly a huge fan of either. 3 years away from likely being overpaid like Lamar will be, Kyler is, etc. I'd take a shot on Young or Stroud over Fields. But I bet they trade the pick and keep Fields.

• Pie 1