• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I get why Tepper wants Payton but his resume is worrying as you pointed out. I don't want to continue to harp on the contrast between Harbaugh and Payton:-) but in four years at San Francisco he won 3 conference championships and a 3pt loss in the Superbowl.

Much better consistency and dominance in a four year NFL sample size. Compared to a blip on Sean Paytons career and a couple close calls.

I'm using Mr Harbaugh, who wants to coach the Panthers as an example of exactly what you want in a veteran coach. Results. Wins. Tepper seems to be more interested in his own personal taste. Not results based hires.

Steichen is a hope and dream. Hopefully he will, but he may not. HC is a huge jump you've got to have a great staff and system in place day one or you're already behind in the NFL.

And Payton had Drew Brees as his QB during the majority of that time who was the best QB in the division. He never dominated the NFC South.

He's really living off that 1 SB.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Panthers316 said:

For people who says wilks should be hire because  he a leader of man heres shane steichen 

https://twitter.com/GC24_Football/status/1577370443249352704?t=w1bVtNwYVyjdtYR59oMWPg&s=19

Wilks used the words, leader of people, when addressing that quote on his press conference. That's a leader of men. 

The Steichen clip is meh. Can't tell from that alone. The stereotype of an American coach is to yell alot and being loud. That's not impressive. Not in most cases and for different reasons. But for some it works. 

I say this despite that Wilks is not my favorite option and I think Steichen is a more interesting candidate. But not sure how my list of candidates look like. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I get why Tepper wants Payton but his resume is worrying as you pointed out. I don't want to continue to harp on the contrast between Harbaugh and Payton:-) but in four years at San Francisco he won 3 conference championships and a 3pt loss in the Superbowl.

What?  Harbaugh did not win 3 conference championships.  

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why does ripp think Harbaugh is going to change his mind at the last second and peace out on Michigan again?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If the Panthers were smart he would be hired here, where he wanted to coach.

I'm hoping beyond all hope that David Tepper will reverse course because he realizes that Payton isn't serious and would be too costly.

It's a cry for common sense from the senseless. Yes I agree. Until a coach is hired the man who wants the job needs to be seriously considered instead of obviously lesser coaches.

We got Cam back. Golden Corral...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Yes. Until the fat lady sings.

14 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Wait, wasn’t it reported last week Arizona didn’t want payton because he wanted control and now they are interviewing him?

Was reported that Payton might not want Arizona because they hired a GM without waiting on him.

Speculation now is that yhis is a move on his part trying to force Denver's hand.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was reported that Payton might not want Arizona because they hired a GM without waiting on him.

Speculation now is that yhis is a move on his part trying to force Denver's hand.

Interesting, I’ve seen several places it’s down to who he wants between Denver and Carolina. Many experts think Carolina is the best destination (for all coaches) 

• Pie 1

From Person’s latest on The Athletic:

Even before the pause in the search, it seemed Tepper was determined to conduct a more thorough search than he did when hiring Rhule, one of only four candidates to interview after Ron Rivera was fired. To that end, Tepper and his search committee — which includes Nicole Tepper, Fitterer, assistant GM Dan Morgan and vice president of football administration Samir Suleiman — have indicated to at least one candidate they plan to interview a group of finalists.

But whether the Panthers conduct another round of interviews has not been determined yet, according to a source with knowledge of this situation.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Even before the pause in the search, it seemed Tepper was determined to conduct a more thorough search than he did when hiring Rhule, one of only four candidates to interview after Ron Rivera was fired. To that end, Tepper and his search committee — which includes Nicole Tepper, Fitterer, assistant GM Dan Morgan and vice president of football administration Samir Suleiman — have indicated to at least one candidate they plan to interview a group of finalists.

But whether the Panthers conduct another round of interviews has not been determined yet, according to a source with knowledge of this situation.

Nice

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Five people, only one without a football background (Mrs Tepper) and no Steven Drummond...

That works.

• Pie 3