• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Not really. Ryans is the only who is interviewing other teams that dropped us. Everyone else is staying put.

Ben Johnson, Josh McDaniels last time we hired, Rhule begged NY to match Tepper’s offer. But Harbaugh had to push hard just for Tepper to take a phone call. I think the captain of this ship is a moron and we’re gonna get burned by some desperation move  a-la Rhule, or get Ron Rivera 2.0 only worse in Wilks.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Ben Johnson, Josh McDaniels last time we hired, Rhule begged NY to match Tepper’s offer. But Harbaugh had to push hard just for Tepper to take a phone call. I think the captain of this ship is a moron and we’re gonna get burned by some desperation move  a-la Rhule, or get Ron Rivera 2.0 only worse in Wilks.

Ben Johnson turned down everyone  (Panthers, Colts, Texans) to stay in Detroit...thats not on Tepper. Tepper was burned by Rhule and his agent but Rhule was again a hot name in 2020. Josh McDaniels also left the colts at the alter so he's burned teams before. Apples and Oranges this cycle.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Ben Johnson turned down everyone  (Panthers, Colts, Texans) to stay in Detroit...thats not on Tepper. Tepper was burned by Rhule and his agent but Rhule was again a hot name in 2020. Josh McDaniels also left the colts at the alter so he's burned teams before. Apples and Oranges this cycle.

The Colts and Texans also have shitty owners and are viewed poorly. It is absolutely Tepper’s fault that Johnson viewed the Panthers in the same way. Just because it is true of other teams as well does not make it less true of the Panthers.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

This is starting to feel like the Hornets hiring process and we’ll just end up with the same guy/type of guy we have failed with for years (Wilks/Clifford) due to a combination of coaches not wanting to coach here and poor judgment by the organization.

Wouldn't be surprised. I feel like Reich is basically that. An offensive version of Rivera/Wilks. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

The Colts and Texans also have shitty owners and are viewed poorly. It is absolutely Tepper’s fault that Johnson viewed the Panthers in the same way. Just because it is true of other teams as well does not make it less true of the Panthers.

Bryon Leftwich was picky with Khan last cycle and in the end it worked out for Jacksonville and Byron's head coaching chance is back to zero. Give it time before we start demanding pitch forks.

20 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Johnson must’ve had some really nice talks with the Lions this week that probably seem much rosier than the prospective jobs. Good on Detroit and him.

If the Lions go 1-3 i think they fire DC and promote Johnson. I don't see any other reason why he'd want to stay in Detroit 

• Pie 1

The favorite IS, has been and always will be Payton. Tepper basically put Harbaugh on hold waiting for Sean.

Everybody knows it, Harbaugh felt slighted, undervalued because even with his record of success at all levels of football it couldn't break Teppers stare from the black liner eyed Rivera/Rhule thrasher himself Sean Payton.

There is no other. The obsession is real. For his and our sake I hope he gets his love. He IS a great coach. 

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

The favorite IS, has been and always will be Payton. Tepper basically put Harbaugh on hold waiting for Sean.

Everybody knows it, Harbaugh felt slighted, undervalued because even with his record of success at all levels of football it couldn't break Teppers stare from the black liner eyed Rivera/Rhule thrasher himself Sean Payton.

There is no other. The obsession is real. For his and our sake I hope he gets his love. He IS a great coach. 

how i met your mother intervention GIF

• Beer 1