• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

37 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Tepper: Sean you want the job?

Sean: Nope

Tepper: Thank you for your time. 

He wouldn't have done the interview in person, he'd have just done a zoom like he did with the Texans. 

He wants the job, at the very least he's interested in it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds good 

Maybe use one primarily for tweets and updates and start a second one for discussion

And also a purgatory thread for the Ripped Donna person who has a new idol every few weeks (currently Harbaugh) & the CPPanther guy who constructs entirely made up realities in essay style format.  

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

And also a purgatory thread for the Ripped Donna person who has a new idol every few weeks (currently Harbaugh) & the CPPanther guy who constructs entirely made up realities in essay style format.  

Hi newb!

My picks remain the same. Been on the Harbaugh train well before they hired Matt Rhule.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

He wouldn't have done the interview in person, he'd have just done a zoom like he did with the Texans. 

He wants the job, at the very least he's interested in it. 

This. He wasn’t going to leave with the job today either. I’m sure a lot has to happen before that. 

14 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Tepper:  Oh, and you can tell Denver I offered you everything...total control, use of my jet,  and $30mil/yr.

If you give a coach 30mil a year you deserve to fire yourself.

Im still laughing that he wants 20mil a year. Like dude you have 1 SB on your resume. Saints weren't dominating the NFC South. It was a new champ every year.lol

Sean Payton is just trying to make a power move he wants the most money and total control. Whoever hires him will regret it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you give a coach 30mil a year you deserve to fire yourself.

Im still laughing that he wants 20mil a year. Like dude you have 1 SB on your resume. Saints weren't dominating the NFC South. It was a new champ every year.lol

Sean Payton is just trying to make a power move he wants the most money and total control. Whoever hires him will regret it.

I get why Tepper wants Payton but his resume is worrying as you pointed out. I don't want to continue to harp on the contrast between Harbaugh and Payton:-) but in four years at San Francisco he won 3 conference championships and a 3pt loss in the Superbowl.

Much better consistency and dominance in a four year NFL sample size. Compared to a blip on Sean Paytons career and a couple close calls.

I'm using Mr Harbaugh, who wants to coach the Panthers as an example of exactly what you want in a veteran coach. Results. Wins. Tepper seems to be more interested in his own personal taste. Not results based hires.

Steichen is a hope and dream. Hopefully he will, but he may not. HC is a huge jump you've got to have a great staff and system in place day one or you're already behind in the NFL.

• Pie 3