• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

We wouldn’t really have to trade for him, they could cut him a day or two after the super bowl and save tons of cap space 

Just a question do we have Adams, Jacobs and Warren because Carr couldn’t win with them right??

22 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Nothing is guaranteed. We're all dealing in hypotheticals. We could hire Steichen and go 9-25 over the next two seasons and he'd be fired as well. 

What we're dealing with in reality is unicorns. The Huddle seems to chase them on damn near an annual basis.

"If we trade for Deshaun Watson, we're in the Super Bowl."

"If we bring Cam back, we're gonna start winning again."

"We're just a quarterback away from being contenders."

And the latest, "Just hire Sean Payton, give him the keys and prepare for Super Bowl glory."

All we got to do is get that one guy, and everything's gonna be fine.

Except it never is, not even for the team that gets "that guy" when we don't.

It's never going to be that simple, and people who think it is are dreaming.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

We pick 9th, the best we are going to do is a developmental QB with a high ceiling, so, the best they could possibly so is the same.  More than likely, we would end trading something low to get Carr.  I would argue they have a coach who no one in their right mind would say is in the same stratosphere as Payton.  Again, in this scenario, we win

Daniel Jones pretty much said he'll explore free agency.

Lot's of people here hate on Daniel Jones but he never had any receivers or TEs of mention in NY.

Daniel Jones probably looks over here and sees DJ, Terrace, Tremble, Thomas and salivates all of better caliber than anyone he had in NY.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No it wasn’t.. Show me the Hesiman trophy winner and generational talent profile on Corral or Howell I’ll wait??

If you are going to be stubborn about this, then its probably not worth the debate.  However, let me ask this...

Where was Joe Burrow projected to be drafted in Jan 2018? The year before his Heisman season.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What we're dealing with in reality is unicorns. The Huddle seems to chase them on damn near an annual basis.

"If we trade for Deshaun Watson, we're in the Super Bowl."

"If we bring Cam back, we're gonna start winning again."

"We're just a quarterback away from being contenders."

And the latest, "Just hire Sean Payton, give him the keys and prepare for Super Bowl glory."

All we got to do is get that one guy, and everything's gonna be fine.

Except it never is, not even for the team that gets "that guy" when we don't.

It's never going to be that simple, and people who think it is are dreaming.

...you advocating to find the "next McVay" is also dealing in unicorns, is it not?

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

If you are going to be stubborn about this, then its probably not worth the debate.  However, let me ask this...

Where was Joe Burrow projected to be drafted in Jan 2018? The year before his Heisman season.

66 tds and the best college QB season ever changes that.. Again I’m waiting on you to produce any Scout, Analysts or media head that had Corral or Howell looked at in the same light as Williams or Mayes who are getting Luck, Lawrence comparisons..

27 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

"Being reported", especially on Twitter means NOTHING. Joe Person's informed opinion that Dan and Fitt would lose their jobs is just that, an opinion. I know you love your "insider" scoops, and love to be the first to post Tweets on here ... but, dude ... relax. Let actual things happen. We'll all know when we all know ... and until then, what we think we know is more than likely BS.

John Ellis did sort of lightly suggest on the most recent Roar podcast that there is definitely some FO personnel nervousness over Sean Payton wanting to potentially clean house. Didn't mention any specific names, obviously.