• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

Thinking about it, good chance they do have their guy and all this Johnson hype, and requesting to interview Payton is just to throw other teams off from their guy until they interview Evero and get their 2nd miniority interview in.

Which would likely mean it’s not Wilks since nobody else has requested to interview him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Monken was OC for the Browns in 2019 alongside DC Steve Wilks.

Would be nice if Wilks could bring him aboard. For years, GA relied on a run heavy offense but under with Monken they’ve developed a passing game that has made them more potent on offense. That’s what Wilks needs to complement our rushing attack if he has any shot of being retained IMO. And that’s a big IF based on recent developments.

Edited by Prowler2k18

This all does make me wonder if Steichen impressed and he gave them some of his prospective staff.  

Some of these don't make a ton of sense with Wilks (Like Vic), but maybe I'm wrong.  

Hell, maybe they're trying a bit of a different approach and vetting the HC candidates through referrals, that are in part also "coordinator" interviews.  

I'm probably wrong though ha

• Beer 1

On one hand, it could just be due diligence.  On the other, I just don't think you go to these lengths and this amount of interviews if you felt you already had the right HC in place.  So, I'm assuming they're not gonna retain Wilks.  

Secondly, the magnitude of the interviews they're requesting, and the fact that Payton agreed to interview after Glazer said it wouldn't happen tells me this isn't just a smokescreen.  They are trying to hit a home run.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

On one hand, it could just be due diligence.  On the other, I just don't think you go to these lengths and this amount of interviews if you felt you already had the right HC in place.  So, I'm assuming they're not gonna retain Wilks.  

Secondly, the magnitude of the interviews they're requesting, and the fact that Payton agreed to interview after Glazer said it wouldn't happen tells me this isn't just a smokescreen.  They are trying to hit a home run.

Might not be a smokescreen for us.

• Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1