• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

That's where Tepper is most of time if im not mistaken. Which I could be.

I thought it was because they might be interviewing Kafka but apparently Giants won’t be allowing coaches to interview this week. You are probably right.

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

You would think he would be in Charlotte with his front office team with all these interviews.

I'm not sure hes been in Charlotte much since before the last home game. 

This just guesswork, but I think Payton is the only one meeting face to face with Tepper and that's one of the reasons I say it's his job if he wants it. 

Other two reasons are an article from in the middle of the season that said Tepper's top coaching target would be Payton and the Vic Fangio interview not matching the other DC interviews. 

Rest have ties to Seattle, Fitt and Morgan. 

:shrugs: could be and might be wrong about it all

Edited by carpanfan96

15 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I'm not sure hes been in Charlotte much since before the last home game. 

This just guesswork, but I think Payton is the only one meeting face to face with Tepper and that's one of the reasons I say it's his job if he wants it. 

Other two reasons are an article from in the middle of the season that said Tepper's top coaching target would be Payton and the Vic Fangio interview not matching the other DC interviews. 

Rest have ties to Seattle, Fitt and Morgan. 

:shrugs: could be and might be wrong about it all

Interviews with employed coaches or coaches under contract were only allowed to be virtual up to the 17th.

Johnson is interviewing in person on Wednesday.

Interesting, talking to some of my Lions friends (I'm from Michigan) and they said the talk around town is that if Johnson gets a HC job, he's likely bringing Mark Brunell with him as his OC.

To be honest, that kinda gives me a second thought on the idea of hiring Johnson.  Brunell was a solid QB in the league, but if you take out his coaching of a HS team, he only has 2 years of experience as a QB coach.

Seems like very little coaching experience to become an OC already, not really sure I like the idea of such a young HC being paired with such an inexperienced OC, even if Johnson would be essentially running the offense anyways.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Interesting, talking to some of my Lions friends (I'm from Michigan) and they said the talk around town is that if Johnson gets a HC job, he's likely bringing Mark Brunell with him as his OC.

To be honest, that kinda gives me a second thought on the idea of hiring Johnson.  Brunell was a solid QB in the league, but if you take out his coaching of a HS team, he only has 2 years of experience as a QB coach.

Seems like very little coaching experience to become an OC already, not really sure I like the idea of such a young HC being paired with such an inexperienced OC, even if Johnson would be essentially running the offense anyways.

Seems like a good choice for an OC given who the HC is in this case, assuming he's getting an experienced DC that could act as an assistant HC.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

our own Natalie Miller (verge) on Twitter

2024 first round pick for Sean Payton seems more and more likely. Tepper wants his guy. Would be an unprecedented move to shift him within the division and will ultimately come down to Payton and the Saints willingness to do so. I think Tepper is pretty well bought in.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

our own Natalie Miller (verge) on Twitter

2024 first round pick for Sean Payton seems more and more likely. Tepper wants his guy. Would be an unprecedented move to shift him within the division and will ultimately come down to Payton and the Saints willingness to do so. I think Tepper is pretty well bought in.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

• Beer 1

Well...Payton after everything would be the craziest outcome from this whole situation. If its true that the 2024 1st is in play and he's hired, then there is no way there are trading up for a QB this year. Are they thinking of going after Carr/vet FA with Payton as the HC/OC? 

Just now, roaddog96 said:

Well...Payton after everything would be the craziest outcome from this whole situation. If its true that the 2024 1st is in play and he's hired, then there is no way there are trading up for a QB this year. Are they thinking of going after Carr/vet FA with Payton as the HC/OC? 

I think that would be the most likely scenario. Peyton will probably push for a veteran QB in his system.