• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper clearly wants to change the Panthers identity

Saca312

2 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

So basically we ran the South for 3 years..even with Sean Payton on the other side...and didn't Wilks just sweep the Saints, I mean Payton gone but Rhule couldnt even do that.

You win your divison first. Wilks rn is the best coach in the Nfc south...point blank period.

that might be true but our division is a combined 29-39, so is that really saying muhc?

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

1 year. I bet the fans turn then because it would really be like his 2nd year more than his first year. If we were not winning at the end of next year it would get rough for him. There would be no Rhule curve next year to  hide behind.

I don't think it matters and even Tepper knows the stands would remain empty if Wilks is rehired. He amps up the players really well and not the customers which is a problem the players don't see or care about. Tepper sends out questionnaires regularly so he probably knows the temp of the customer base at this point. 

excuse me sir...as a die hard fan who refuse to pay for my PSL this year bc of the product I was about to go all in for the Pitts game...just because the feeling was back. If we won that game....BOA sold out for it's last one guarantee.

Wilks is a fan of the Carolina Panthers...he is us...let that sink in.. 

7 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

So basically we ran the South for 3 years..even with Sean Payton on the other side...and didn't Wilks just sweep the Saints, I mean Payton gone but Rhule couldnt even do that.

You win your divison first. Wilks rn is the best coach in the Nfc south...point blank period.

I don't know that I'd say we ran the south for 3 years.  That 2014 season we had to win the last 4 games to win it with a losing record.  We had a 6 game losing streak prior to that.  And the only team we swept that year was Tampa Bay, splitting with the Aints and Failcons. 

Edited by Gregg S

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Winning record and playoffs. This was his rookie year. Most new coaches do better year two. So winning record and in this division playoffs are very possible. 

This was not Wilks rookie year. He went 3-13 in Arizona where he coached the team to a worse offense and defense than the year prior so they fired him after giving him a four year deal. 

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

One season 3-13. That isn’t experience you want to have in your potential head coach. 

He was set up to fail...Kliff n Murray...

But he learned from that...hence the full control he said he wanted from go in his last interview when asked what he learned from his time in AZ

He said the Head Coach...not Gm..not owner..but Head Coach sets the tone for the BUILDING

Edited by GuessWhosBack

I don't want an identity change other than from losers to winners. 

Still want a hard nosed stingy defense (still waiting on that) and an offense that can run it down the opponents throat at will (we might have the beginnings of this). When they can't we light them up through the air (still waiting on that)

2 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

excuse me sir...as a die hard fan who refuse to pay for my PSL this year bc of the product I was about to go all in for the Pitts game...just because the feeling was back. If we won that game....BOA sold out for it's last one guarantee.

Wilks is a fan of the Carolina Panthers...he is us...let that sink in.. 

I couldn't give away tickets to the Lions game and that was to people who like the cold. Let that sink in...

It goes both ways hard with Wilks. 

9 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

how many of those interims had prior HC experience???

Mike Mularkey was Tennessee's interim HC in 2015 after two previous HC stints with Buffalo (2004-2005) and Jacksonville (2012). He went 18-14 (.563 win %) in 2 seasons with one playoff appearance before being fired after the 2017 season. 

Doug Marrone was Jacksonville's interim HC at the end of 2016 after being the Bills HC from 2013-2014. He went 22-42 (.343 win %) in 4 seasons with the Jags with one playoff appearance before being fired after the 2020 season.

Edited by UNCrules2187

Just now, Waldo said:

I couldn't give away tickets to the Lions game and that was to people who like the cold. Let that sink in...

It goes both ways hard with Wilks. 

but we lost the week before so of course who would want to waste their time in the cold to a meaningless game....but i bet you any amount of dollar if that last tampa game was in Charlotte it wouldve been sold out.

The players want to play for Wilks!

Also the players, let’s let a Trubisky led Steelers team walk the ball right down our throats for 3 hours 

The division tried gifting us a playoff spot but Wilks and co. let Brady and Evans absolutely torch us

Wilks and these guys had their chance and they didn’t do anything with it. Why in the hell would anyone want more of this?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

One thing I notice the loud pro Wilks fans don't want to talk about much if at all is that Bengals loss. For all the positive talk of Wilks if things go bad that's what we can expect.

The Bengals loss and even the win vs the Saints to end the year. Can anyone claim that was good coaching? We looked worse in those two games than the 4 or 5 this year that Rhule coached. And thats the scary part of Wilks. The lows were actually lower than what Rhule did this year. And we acknowledge he was a bum. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1