• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t think they draft a QB”

ncfan

58 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Playing devil's advocate:

It's possible to realize you need a QB, realize your best bet is through the draft, and at the same time genuinely not believe any of the qb's in the current draft are the answer. Whether this is what's happening is anyone's guess, but them saying they don't like the current qb crop doesn't automatically mean they want to keep going after garbage FA options. they could have finally realized they need to draft one, then looked at this draft class and made a face. historically there have been entire drafts with no franchise qb in them, even when that fact wasn't recognized at the time.

Bingo. If you fall in love with a QB, go after him. If you don’t think they are worth #9 or the cost of trading up, then drafting a QB just to draft one seems dumb. 

This is all putting the cart in front of the coach/combine/pro day/interview/etc cart though.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Now here is the funny part, one of the draft stories will have to end up being true because they'll have listed almost every possibility in the first round. Sooner or later they hit on the Panthers actual plans, but it's purely by process of elimination. Sooner or later they'll hit on the actual plan by making up so many different bs stories.

I think we don't draft one either. We had a chance to have extra picks to move up (Burns) but said no to that. Some of us, as fans, were okay if we lost out as we'd be in draft position to pick a top QB ... but the team wasn't bad enough (as they don't tank). AR is a project and not worth using our first when we need more than QB on this team. We have Corral so Levis and Hooker would be a wash. We could always bring back Sam and be mediocre as is our way. So yeah ... I don't see it.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

also if draft day comes and goes and they pass on a QB prospect because “we just see a guy we liked” after they cooed about the first round grade they had on Matt corral last draft then LOL

And the way Fitt says "we saw a guy we loved" will be said with all the enthusiasm and energy of Wednesday Adams. I swear Fitt is the most low energy monotone unenthusiastic person I've ever seen. I want to see him get hyped up when talking about our first pick after the draft. He'll be monotone for sure like he's about to fall asleep.