• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

21 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’ve thought Jackson was a worse version of Cam. I’m not saying I ain’t interested, but I ain’t betting the farm either.

id be more interested in trading up for Stroud than trading for Lamar. And it ain’t even close IMO.

Can you explain how he is a worse version of Cam? His passing numbers eclipses Cams.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

I see Wilson and Watson as poster children for deals that blew up in teams faces...but Stafford was traded for a ton too, despite never winning a playoff game. He picked the right season to finally start winning them though, didn't he?

I prefer the draft route, but I think it's fine if Fitt wants to trade for Lamar and it's probably a move that has a high ceiling with a floor not much worse than where it's been since 2016. I mean, what else would he do with those number ones? They'll just be used on more d-linemen anyway. Plus the team also always seems to be out of cap room anyway to paying him shouldn't be an issue either since it'd just be wasted on JAG extensions anyway.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ron Rivera was a two-time coach of a year.

The best statistical performances in college football have come from guys like Tim Couch and Timmy Chang. Similar results happen in the NFL all the time.

Stats and awards are misleading.

Judge by what you see, and even then you have to be discerning.

Like Matt Rhule and Phil Snow did with Darnold?

Stats are facts, anything else is just an opinion.

I agree about the college numbers, but I think NFL stats matter a great deal when making a decision on who to choose.  Of course, other things matter to, but certainly his stats should factor in a great deal when making a decision.

I have no real opinion on Jackson one way or the other.  But I think if we get a guy like Jackson, we also have to get a coach who can build and design a good offense around him. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Like Matt Rhule and Phil Snow did with Darnold?

Stats are facts, anything else is just an opinion.

I agree about the college numbers, but I think NFL stats matter a great deal when making a decision on who to choose.  Of course, other things matter to, but certainly his stats should factor in a great deal when making a decision.

But I also think if we get a guy like Jackson, we also have to get a coach who can build and design a good offense around him. 

Back when we signed him, David Carr had the best completion percentage in the league.

Taysom Hill has a higher passer rating than several full time starting quarterbacks.

And of course, the Panthers defense of last year was the #2 defense in the league.

Stats aren't facts. Stats are math.

Wisdom is knowing what they mean, and what they don't.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Back when we signed him, David Carr had the best completion percentage in the league.

Taysom Hill has a higher passer rating than several full time starting quarterbacks.

And of course, the Panthers defense of last year was the #2 defense in the league.

Stats aren't facts. Stats are math.

Wisdom is knowing what they mean, and what they don't.

This is why you have to look at the entire picture, and all stats afforded to you when making decisions.

Taysom Hill has a high passer rating, but we also have stats that tell us how many passes he’s actually thrown. What’s his TD/INT ratio, etc. With everything we have, we’re able to determine he might not be the best QB to put all your eggs in a basket.

Same goes for David Carr and our defense. David Carr had the highest completion %, but there were other stats that lead us to know he wasn’t really all that. 

As for going by eyes, and “wisdom”. How do we determine whose eyes are able to judge what they’re seeing out on the field properly? Wisdom? lol. All that is subjective, and this route leads to the biases and prejudices we’ve seen in the league both past and present ruling over decisions.

Edited by AggieLean

Just now, AggieLean said:

This is why you have to look at the entire picture, and all stats afforded to you when making decisions.

Taysom Hill has a high passer rating, but we also have stats that tell us how many passes he’s actually thrown. What’s his TD/INT ratio, etc. With everything we have, we’re able to determine he might not be the best QB to put all your eggs in a basket.

Same goes for David Carr and our defense. David Carr had the highest completion %, but there were other stats that lead us to know he wasn’t really all that. 

As for going by eyes, and “wisdom”. How do we determine whose eyes are able to judge what they’re seeing out on the field properly? Wisdom? lol. All that is subjective, and this route leads to the biases and prejudices we’ve seen in the league both past and present. 

By success.

Some people know how to evaluate player skills. Others don't. That's why some GMs are Ozzie Newsome and others are Marty Hurney.

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Can you explain how he is a worse version of Cam? His passing numbers eclipses Cams.

It’s crazy how ppl don’t want an elite mvp caliber qb. The guy would easily win us the division. Him, Moore, TMJ and foreman (assuming we bring him back) would dominate, no question. 

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

21 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

It’s crazy how ppl don’t want an elite mvp caliber qb. The guy would easily win us the division. Him, Moore, TMJ and foreman (assuming we bring him back) would dominate, no question. 

What's crazy is ppl keep wanting washed up rejects of other teams, if he was still a "Elite MVP Caliber qb", Baltimore would be doing everything in there power to keep him 

• Pie 1