• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers receive permission to interview Sean Payton

TheSpecialJuan

10 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

If Payton is offered the job, I will never watch another game, pay for anything Panthers logo'd, or even post here as long as Tepper is still owner. Everything Panthers related I own will be burned. The Green Bay Packers will become my team of record, but i don't know how closely I would follow them.

I will NEVER support a Sean Payton coached team, and any owner who hires him has permanently killed any desire to support their team. Even considering Payton would demonstrate a severe and unacceptable lack of moral judgement or outright indifference.

Anyone who stands for anything meaningful has their uncrossable line.

This is mine.

He's not coming here, take that poo to the bank

1 hour ago, Growl said:

lol alright buddy rein it in

Nope.

People say a lot of poo here, most of it unconsidered knee jerk crap. 

I usually don't, but have chosen to state my position strongly for a reason in this instance.

If others don't consider Bountygate any big deal, that's their perogative, but I do, and the passage of time does not simply make grossly unacceptable things okay.

So, no, sorry but not gonna "rein in it."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

He's not coming here, take that poo to the bank

I sure as hell hope you're right, but let me be clear, even if he doesn't come, but is offered the job, that would say something unaceptable to me about Tepper's moral compass, and i'd be out. 

I think you're likely right, but one of the tiresome things about sports talk, no offense, is the tendency of fans to state opinions as fact. I'm not privy to any interviews or intenal discussions, and I'd be very surprised if you are. It reflects better on you long term when you make clear your opinion is only your opinion, and not to pretend you have some omniscient knowledge or insight that you don't have.

I very much think it's unlikely he comes here, but I don't KNOW that, so I chose to make my view clear in advance.

40 minutes ago, Martin said:

Is the Tepper not easy to work with a real thing or something made up on these boards? It seems to me like he gives his football people plenty of room to work.

I get the same impression. When people on these boards talk about Tepper as a meddler, i get confused because their doesn't seem much evidence for it, just a bunch of conjecture. Tepper as a poor decision maker sure, abundant evidence for that, but meddler?

My take on Tepper is he makes poor hiring decisions but then gives those people time and room to operate. That's halfway to the Steelers formula for sustained success, unfortunately in this case, halfway is worse than none at all. If he can shore up hiring decisions, we might go someplace.

I'm hoping, but I ain't holding my breathe on that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Martin said:

Is the Tepper not easy to work with a real thing or something made up on these boards? It seems to me like he gives his football people plenty of room to work.

One of the reporters attributed it to a league source in one of the articles breaking down the end of Rhule's tender. I don't recall which one. It was not something "made up on these boards."

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

We already know about that with the Watson chase.

No, only because we never actually made the trade. There is tons of rumor, speculation and reporting that we wanted Watson, but none of that is verifiable fact the way hiring someone would be. I agree it's highly likely he was after Watson and didn't care about the baggage, but there's not verifiable proof of it because we didn't actually trade for him. Also Watson hasn't admitted to what he's accused of. Those might seem like thin threads to a lot of folks, but to me there is a meaningful difference between having a strong suspicion your team owner doesn't have a moral compass,and having actual proof of it in the form of hiring a scumbag.

47 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I sure as hell hope you're right, but let me be clear, even if he doesn't come, but is offered the job, that would say something unaceptable to me about Tepper's moral compass, and i'd be out. 

I think you're likely right, but one of the tiresome things about sports talk, no offense, is the tendency of fans to state opinions as fact. I'm not privy to any interviews or intenal discussions, and I'd be very surprised if you are. It reflects better on you long term when you make clear your opinion is only your opinion, and not to pretend you have some omniscient knowledge or insight that you don't have.

I very much think it's unlikely he comes here, but I don't KNOW that, so I chose to make my view clear in advance.

We already pushed almost all our chips to the table to land Watson last off season. I think that shows which direction Teppers compass is pointing. Personally I don’t give a poo. I just want to win football games.