• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

It's really not much different than the Seahawks hiring Pete Carrol. He was 59 when they hired him and on his 2nd stint as an NFL HC. He did exactly what you can't picture according to this post.

As for cap space... we can create 30million in cap without even touching our future seasons this offseason. So I dont agree with your notion unless we do restructuring and make things difficult down the road. 

Again, I understand your disdain for Sean Payton... I just dont think the rationale is there. This is not a new story in the NFL.

Again, Go Ben Johnson.

Damn you and your rational logic! (Kidding I like it). Yeah it’s mostly me just not liking Payton and not trusting him. 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He wins games here no one will care.

something everyone in this fan base worse than that arrogant guy when he was in New Orleans….is losing.

and if he can turn this around and we become a playoff contender.  No one here will care what he did in New Orleans

Everybody acts so “holier than thou” and sanctimonious online. It’s the NFL, not a morality contest. Personally unless it’s something incredibly illegal and egregious I can look past it. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Oh, I’m a casual fan now. I’m old enough to realize this is all  bullshit in the big scheme of things. I really don’t care if this franchise turns it around or not. I was perfectly happy not watching the games except on crummy weather days for the past 3 years. Sadly I let the turnaround Wilks was making suck me back in. My bad for sure. I’m happy regardless of what this team does, doesn’t make me a dime either way.  

Since this franchise has existed, decisions have been made. Easily the majority of them are ones I personally,  wouldn't have made. 

EVERY franchise does this. 

It has NEVER stopped me from being a fan.  Getting caught up in the that, and threatening to stop being a fan I've never understood, and nor do I care to debate with those whom do so.  

I will be a Carolina Panther fan until I die.  Nothing will ever change that. No coach, no owner. 

I

I'm too damn old to worry about anything that is beyond my control. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Please share what this organization has done since Tepper became owner to demonstrate that it knows exactly how to build a successful franchise. 

Why do I need to? You think Tepper is playing full control, when all he wants is to build a successful franchise just as badly as we all want one. 

I'm just a fan. That's all I am. I'm alofor the ride and the memories. Has the last several years been lame? Sure. Not even close to rock bottom for this franchise. 

Fitt is a football guy. Fitt has built a good front office.  We haven't seen a head coach hire since he's been here. 

Tepper is the owner. He's not a puppet master.  Every owner is in on the decision of hiring a head coach.  

Anything else ya wanna bitch about? 

Want to hash it.out over beers? I bet we'll get to laughing at some point,  unless ya just walk around with a stick up your ass. 

• Beer 1

In the Coward interview Peyton said that after this year, the compensation changes drastically.  Just because NO wants a mid to late first doesn't mean they will get it.

Denver can offer their first.  Peyton doesn't have to take the job, he can still call games while living it up in LA.  If I were Tepper I'd offer our higher 2nd rounder and toss in an additional 2nd next year.  If they accept it great!  If not, you get a younger coach or Wilks.  Peyton is smart as well, if he is serious about actually coaching and not collecting a check, he wouldn't hamstring his future employer.  

The Texans could be the wild card in the race for Peyton.  With two first round draft picks, 11 total picks, a weak division, and a front office that he could easily control, I see that as the top opportunity.  Additionally, no state income tax.

Hopefully Nicole is there to make sure Big Tepp isn't getting smitten out of his $$$ again.  While I think this could be a good short term move, I'm also fairly positive it could screw us in the end.  I'd much rather pair Johnson/Moore/Kafka with a DC who used to be a head coach, or retain Wilks with an up and coming play caller.

1 minute ago, BeenPounding said:

In the Coward interview Peyton said that after this year, the compensation changes drastically.  Just because NO wants a mid to late first doesn't mean they will get it.

Denver can offer their first.  Peyton doesn't have to take the job, he can still call games while living it up in LA.  If I were Tepper I'd offer our higher 2nd rounder and toss in an additional 2nd next year.  If they accept it great!  If not, you get a younger coach or Wilks.  Peyton is smart as well, if he is serious about actually coaching and not collecting a check, he wouldn't hamstring his future employer.  

The Texans could be the wild card in the race for Peyton.  With two first round draft picks, 11 total picks, a weak division, and a front office that he could easily control, I see that as the top opportunity.  Additionally, no state income tax.

Hopefully Nicole is there to make sure Big Tepp isn't getting smitten out of his $$$ again.  While I think this could be a good short term move, I'm also fairly positive it could screw us in the end.  I'd much rather pair Johnson/Moore/Kafka with a DC who used to be a head coach, or retain Wilks with an up and coming play caller.

After this year.  There is no compensation.  Because he isn’t under contract with them anymore beyond this season.

25 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He wins games here no one will care.

something everyone in this fan base worse than that arrogant guy when he was in New Orleans….is losing.

and if he can turn this around and we become a playoff contender.  No one here will care what he did in New Orleans

I’ll care. So that’s one person, and I doubt I’d be the only one disgusted by that piece of trash on the sideline. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Why do I need to? You think Tepper is playing full control, when all he wants is to build a successful franchise just as badly as we all want one. 

I'm just a fan. That's all I am. I'm alofor the ride and the memories. Has the last several years been lame? Sure. Not even close to rock bottom for this franchise. 

Fitt is a football guy. Fitt has built a good front office.  We haven't seen a head coach hire since he's been here. 

Tepper is the owner. He's not a puppet master.  Every owner is in on the decision of hiring a head coach.  

Anything else ya wanna bitch about? 

Want to hash it.out over beers? I bet we'll get to laughing at some point,  unless ya just walk around with a stick up your ass. 

I don't have a stick up my ass. You called out someone because they have no faith in the organization to make the right decisions. You said they were biased. I'm asking you, what have you seen from the front office, that has given you any indication that Tepper knows how to build a good football organization?

I'm just a fan too. But even as a fan, I knew keeping Rhule last year was a huge mistake. Keeping Hurney was a mistake. Restructuring contracts for a player that doesn't want to come here unless he has no other choice was a mistake. Those weren't FO decisions. Replacing grass with turf when injuries are more likely on turf because it's better for your other business ventures. That was a Tepper decision too. Wanting to be able to build a successful franchise and building one are 2 very different things. The things he's done so far don't lead me to believe he will make the best decisions this off-season. Sean Payton may be the best coach available, but I personally find his actions with Gregg Williams deplorable and don't want him as HC for this team. 

• Flames 3

7 minutes ago, RJK said:

I’ll care. So that’s one person, and I doubt I’d be the only one disgusted by that piece of trash on the sideline. 

You’d be in the very slim minority.

and I guarantee you’ll be perfectly fine once we start winning.

just  like you probably were still a fan after you probably said you’d quit following the team after they cut Steve Smith, cut Cam, and let Norman walk.

• Pie 2