• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Bad Idea - Dorsey + Richardson + Wilks

CPcavedweller

I've seen a lot of bad ideas so I thought I'd throw mine out there. If the coach isn't to be Steve Wilks, we should take Ken Dorsey should he want the job. Dorsey would also likely keep Wilks on as DC which would be an instant upgrade over the Rhule staff.

Dorsey has now coached two guys like Anthony Richardson in Cam Newton and Josh Allen. Josh Allen's college stats are eerily similar to Anthony Richardson and both have the same athletic profile along with some similar intangibles. If you believe Gator fans and other's who follow Florida football, Richardson is humble, hungry, coachable, and very willing to learn.

Dorsey led Cam Newton to an MVP season with an unorthodox skillset and has now led Allen to what will undoubtedly be an MVP Finalist type year for multiple years running. The ability to develop two unicorn type QB's, while one is available in this draft, cannot be ignored. He's also been apart of two programs that have ties to the Panthers and have resulted in the ability to, or reaching, the Super Bowl.

Lastly, we would be able to trade down and still nab Richardson. We should be able to trade down and get another 1st and 2nd round pick, or a 1st and a late 1st, while still getting the QB we want. The benefit of this cannot be overstated as we already have two second round picks. We would be able to nab Richardson, nab a 3rd receiver, and a quality tight end while gaining a coach who have proven he can develop raw, hyper athletic QB's. There is no other coach available with the resume of Dorsey when it comes to quarterback development with guys with the skillset of Richardson, Allen, and Newton. 

Now flame away.  

I don't think Dorsey did a great job with Cam when he was here, and he's been Buffalo OC for just 1 year while taking over an elite offense with a ton of weapons, solid OL and elite QB. I don't trust his ability to be a HC any time soon. He's one of the least inspiring candidates out there in my opinion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I don't think Dorsey did a great job with Cam when he was here, and he's been Buffalo OC for just 1 year while taking over an elite offense with a ton of weapons, solid OL and elite QB. I don't trust his ability to be a HC any time soon. He's one of the least inspiring candidates out there in my opinion.

Yeah, from what I heard Daboll did the heavy lifting developing Allen. 

Allen has not progressed under Dorsey.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Wilks as AHC for Ron would be hilarious since they are bad at the same stuff. I think Wilks is better at clock mgmt possibly. 

Well it's what he was here as the DB/AHC spot and for most of his career.  

People are losing sight that he's only been a coordinator for 2 years of his career.  2! in his 14 years of NFL experience.

He's not even a proven coordinator people. (last line not directed at you Donald)

Edited by Bear Hands

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, from what I heard Daboll did the heavy lifting developing Allen. 

Allen has not progressed under Dorsey.

So I suppose it's a coincidence that two guys with the exact same skill set end up as MVP candidates with Dorsey as their QB coach.

Anyone ever think that Cam had just hit his ceiling in 2015, then was hurt in 2016 and never recovered? That isn't Dorsey's fault. I'd also be willing to be proved wrong by trying to give him a shot with Richardson. That or Kellen Moore with Richardson. 

• Poo 1

On 1/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, Smithers said:

Wilks is a bad DC.  He’s a worse DC than he is a HC.  

Umm...his year here as DC saw us as a top defense in the league, no? Top 5? The only eeason we were decent past 2015 was because of our defense. The offense absolutely fell apart when Cams Shoulder went missing.