• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Thoughts About Our First Pick

RumHam

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Lance was a known project to begin with.

He was a toolsy guy, but played 1 whole season at North Dakota St.  He was. A risk reward guy that many teams were willing to bank on.  Similar to Anthony Richardson this year.

I don’t understand why more people don’t grasp this. Comparing Lance to Purdy is just like comparing Josh Allen to Mac Jones (extreme case). Why was Allen as good as Mac at first?? Even in his second year with a full offseason Allen didn’t look as solid as Mac his rookie year. It’s going to take Lance more time but if it works out you could have an extremely lethal weapon that can carry an offense when healthy. People are also leaving out Lance playing in the rain without Kittle or CMC when comparing the two. It’s complete nonsense to me.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, ncfan said:

Imagine thinking you should just wait for a Trevor Lawerence to fall in your lap with the 12th pick while you have 2 top 10 WRs, a top 5 TE and OL, top 3 defense 

before you even consider taking a QB

forever rebuilding 

Thats just you imgagining that.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:45 PM, RumHam said:

This fanbase loves the flash, but riddle me this. Nine months ago most were extremely excited about Corral and now we are burying them. Look at the Bungals. Took the top QB (which we didn't) but rather than addressing needs the next year, took the top WR. Instead of hoping we land a franchise QB (Ohio State QBs never pan out), we could have the best WR in the draft or even another position and we roll with an quarterback whisperer as coach or OC and roll with Corral, who has the tools and was rated a first rounder very early on. Yeah, he's coming off an injury, but we need some consistency. It's Bryce Young or nothing as we could land another Hurts. Speaking of Hurts, he was a third rounder. 

Speak for yourself on Corral a decent contigent of us want a better look at him.

If Young or Levis aren't there at 9 I say BPA based on value or need. Mayer or Bijan Robinson are growing on me and I feel the combine will only boost their stock. Don't get me wrong QB is the most prominent need but none jump off the page to me in this draft, if only Caleb Williams was available this year then I would say to hell with it sell the farm for him.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, RumHam said:

Okay now explain why Trey Lance was poo before he got hurt? He was a top pick and you have a seventh rounder outplaying even the longtime starter. Stop throwing poo at the wall and hoping it sticks. Surround your quarterback with protection and playmakers or you end up with justin fields.

I’m not really sure what to make of Lance yet… but he played 1 game in pouring rain.