• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Thoughts About Our First Pick

RumHam

This fanbase loves the flash, but riddle me this. Nine months ago most were extremely excited about Corral and now we are burying them. Look at the Bungals. Took the top QB (which we didn't) but rather than addressing needs the next year, took the top WR. Instead of hoping we land a franchise QB (Ohio State QBs never pan out), we could have the best WR in the draft or even another position and we roll with an quarterback whisperer as coach or OC and roll with Corral, who has the tools and was rated a first rounder very early on. Yeah, he's coming off an injury, but we need some consistency. It's Bryce Young or nothing as we could land another Hurts. Speaking of Hurts, he was a third rounder. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Getting a QB early is teams that dont really have good talent around them. Trevor Lawrence is a good example. Went first to a horrible team. Usually when you are drafted lower you go to a team that is already decent or good. The weapons are already there. Purdy went to the 49ers as a sixth and looks better than rookie QBs in the same class. But if you put Kenny Pickett in for Purdy, the results would be the same or better. If you put Purdy on the Steelers it would be horrendous. It's about the pieces that are around, not necessarily the QB. A construction man can only build something when he has tools. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

24 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Getting a QB early is teams that dont really have good talent around them. Trevor Lawrence is a good example. Went first to a horrible team. Usually when you are drafted lower you go to a team that is already decent or good. The weapons are already there. Purdy went to the 49ers as a sixth and looks better than rookie QBs in the same class. But if you put Kenny Pickett in for Purdy, the results would be the same or better. If you put Purdy on the Steelers it would be horrendous. It's about the pieces that are around, not necessarily the QB. A construction man can only build something when he has tools. 

Purdy was a 7th rounder

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

This fanbase loves the flash, but riddle me this. Nine months ago most were extremely excited about Corral and now we are burying them. Look at the Bungals. Took the top QB (which we didn't) but rather than addressing needs the next year, took the top WR. Instead of hoping we land a franchise QB (Ohio State QBs never pan out), we could have the best WR in the draft or even another position and we roll with an quarterback whisperer as coach or OC and roll with Corral, who has the tools and was rated a first rounder very early on. Yeah, he's coming off an injury, but we need some consistency. It's Bryce Young or nothing as we could land another Hurts. Speaking of Hurts, he was a third rounder. 

Myles Murphy because Harbaugh, Payton or Reich would be a great coach/QBmentor for Corral.

One of those three and the scenario you pointed out could pay off big time.

20 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Myles Murphy because Harbaugh, Payton or Reich would be a great coach/QBmentor for Corral.

One of those three and the scenario you pointed out could pay off big time.

Harbaugh is staying at Michigan and I'd say there's a 5% chance we give the Saints a draft haul for Peyton. 

I am totally on board with grabbing a top playmaker at 9. I know ppl aren't keen on Hooker but dude doesn't turn the ball over and is more mature at 24.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Purdy was a 7th rounder

Yup. a lot of it has to do with coaching. I don’t think Tom Brady would’ve been tom Brady if Bobby Ross was his coach. 

coaching matters. Get the right coach in here and we have a much better shot at developing a quarterback regardless of who it is. 

• Pie 2