• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 QB scouting report

CarolinaRideorDie

AR is not a good passer and guess what the top thing an NFL QB is asked to do. People knock Corral for an RPO system but would take a RPO QB that wasn't even as good at it in the 1st rnd. He is no Cam, with our 2nd if still there sure why not but top 10 I would pass.

If top 2 QBs not there re-sign Sam(He was one of the top QBs 2nd half of season) let him and Matt battle for QB1. Good coaching could make them look just as good as some of this guys.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I don't mind a raw QB prospect AS LONG as the next HC can develop him. Our next HC and QB needs to be a perfect marriage. Joe Burrow is a franchise QB who saved Zac Taylor's job. Purdy is a poor prospect but playing well because of good coaching. Lawrence was trash before Pederson. I'm starting to move away from the notion that we have to have an elite prospect at the QB position, obviously it helps to be elite, but with right coaching and situation I think success can be found. 

"Lawrence was trash before Pederson"  This is a ridiculous comment.  Trevor has never been trash - not even close.  He is as elite of a QB prospect as most of us will ever see.  Pederson didn't develop him much - he developed because his OLine was improved, he had a consistent top 10 RB, a legitimate top 25WR, an actual starting TE, and incredibly better defensive play to keep him in games.  Pederson had a big influence on the culture and personnel, but he didn't develop w guy like Richardson into 2022 Trevor....he took one of the best QB prospects in decades and fixed everything around him - only probably 10% of Trevor's personal development was Pederson.

Richardson is LIGHT YEARS behind Trevor as a prospect - the guy looked bad in big games, had 1 year as a starter, and has a LONG way to go in his passing skills.  He is the prototypical over-hyped running QB that everyone thinks will finally be THE ONLY running QB to have great success in the NFL.  He is not a 1st rd pick right now....no coach will develop him in the next few years if at all.  Lamar Jackson was a much better prospect and he was 32nd overall - granted that is a bit low, but he wasn't a top 10 prospect at the time - he is by far the exception not the rule.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, NCBlu said:

AR is not a good passer and guess what the top thing an NFL QB is asked to do. People knock Corral for an RPO system but would take a RPO QB that wasn't even as good at it in the 1st rnd. He is no Cam, with our 2nd if still there sure why not but top 10 I would pass.

If top 2 QBs not there re-sign Sam(He was one of the top QBs 2nd half of season) let him and Matt battle for QB1. Good coaching could make them look just as good as some of this guys.

I'd re-sign Sam either way - he has shown to be a solid backup QB.  Let Corral develop and start Sam if we can't get a top 2-3 QB or sign a FA.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, heel31ok said:

A bad Cam...sure why not?

Take a “bad Cam” and give him a solid OL and offensive minded HC that can actually coach and develop him then you could get a Josh Allen. We took a good Cam and gave him a good TE with nothing else and a solid LT for only 1 year where he carried us to the Super Bowl.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Take a “bad Cam” and give him a solid OL and offensive minded HC that can actually coach and develop him then you could get a Josh Allen. We took a good Cam and gave him a good TE with nothing else and a solid LT for only 1 year where he carried us to the Super Bowl.

A josh allen isnt a bad cam...dont want a bad cam at all