• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

27 minutes ago, RJK said:

Taylor is arguably the best RB in the NFL when healthy and I’m not the only one saying that. I left Quentin Nelson off the original list because you clearly don’t know ball, but the colts oline has been pretty publicly praised over Reichs tenure in Indy. 

Household names and solid players are two different things. They lacked talent at key positions. That is all that matters. QB, DEs, LBs. It does matter that Reich was able to win as many games as he did with this knowledge in place. Agree to disagree but I won't stoop to intelligence insults.

Almost anybody being considered would be an upgrade over what we started last season with.

The good news is that the Owner didn't go digging around for another set of inexperienced college-based folks, or give away the keys to the house just because somebody thinks they should have 100% control.

What would you say Tepper learned from his Baylor experiment?

Reich + Wilks would be a great combination if we could do it. It probably won't happen.  With either one at the helm, we at least have a Coach that has proven NFL experience. 

Reich was saddled with a fruitcake of an owner.  Panthers have been saddled with what's his name for the past few years.  Decisions were being made about personnel at both teams  by people who did not know what they were doing.

I am excited to see what Fitts and Morgan can do with a clean start and actually able to do their job.  I am excited to see what Reich can do.  Head coaches probably take their 1st HC job because they want to be a HC.  If there is a 2nd chance they are pickier about the situation.  I think Fitt and Reich will work well together.  Hopefully Tepper sits back and lets the football guys do their jobs. I think he will be happy with the results.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Go for it Falcons.  Aurthur Smith will be looking for a job this time next year.

They certainly seem to be interested in him for DC. I'm not sure Wilks wants to be a DC right now. I think he only wanted to be the Panthers HC. I can't blame him for not wanting to go anywhere else. He can probably retire if he wanted to. I hope Tepper compensated him well for his time here. He certainly should as he game a dumbass 60 mil to flail around for over 2 seasons. He should give Wilks that just for what he accomplished. 

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Reich was saddled with a fruitcake of an owner.  Panthers have been saddled with what's his name for the past few years.  Decisions were being made about personnel at both teams  by people who did not know what they were doing.

I am excited to see what Fitts and Morgan can do with a clean start and actually able to do their job.  I am excited to see what Reich can do.  Head coaches probably take their 1st HC job because they want to be a HC.  If there is a 2nd chance they are pickier about the situation.  I think Fitt and Reich will work well together.  Hopefully Tepper sits back and lets the football guys do their jobs. I think he will be happy with the results.

Always coaching...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They certainly seem to be interested in him for DC. I'm not sure Wilks wants to be a DC right now. I think he only wanted to be the Panthers HC. I can't blame him for not wanting to go anywhere else. He can probably retire if he wanted to. I hope Tepper compensated him well for his time here. He certainly should as he game a dumbass 60 mil to flail around for over 2 seasons. He should give Wilks that just for what he accomplished. 

i wonder if he got asked to interview anywhere and turned them down because he thought it was panthers or nothing? or maybe other teams thought that he was good to go here? 

Just now, rayzor said:

i wonder if he got asked to interview anywhere and turned them down because he thought it was panthers or nothing? or maybe other teams thought that he was good to go here? 

I would say a bit of both. I know he only had eyes for the Panthers HC position. Maybe the other teams knew that and decided it would be a waste of time because Wilks only wanted this job. I would like to think that's the case.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Incompetent is a matter of perspective I guess.  I cannot say how Reich looks at the situation.  He's worked with some bad qb's so he may not be so picky about a short timer qb. But that depends on whether they are in win now mode or are still building through the draft. With Rhule it seemed that changed season to season.  So either way I do not care. It's going to be ugly for a while anyway until they can get a qb that can get his playbook down.

Well Reich has never worked with a QB as bad as Darnold. Not to mention, if we want to be successful....why would we do that to our new head coach?

Isn't part of the thought process here that he has helped middle or lower tier guys play better so imagine him with a really good QB?

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well Reich has never worked with a QB as bad as Darnold. Not to mention, if we want to be successful....why would we do that to our new head coach?

Isn't part of the thought process here that he has helped middle or lower tier guys play better so imagine him with a really good QB?

If you listen to the interview Mr. Scot post you will get a feeling of what type of qb his looking for.