• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looking like the contract signing will be finished shortly or may be already done...

Quit posting this fluff. We only want cold hard football facts around here ...REAL football where QBs don't run and all that fancy stuff modern stuff. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Quit posting this fluff. We only want cold hard football facts around here ...REAL football where QBs don't run and all that fancy stuff modern stuff. 

I'll try to do better 😕

Should I write another profile of Frank Reich? I promise I can try and get the next one to at least 20 pages.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If it’s not nut punching lineman or Sam Darnold worshipping, I don’t want to see it! 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:01 AM, Jaxel said:

Technically 2 more wins would have got us in the play offs. Lol

I know if nothing else changes but I really don't know that would be the case. Yes the bucs sucked BAD but maybe they don't look as bad against ATL with a playoff spot on the line etc etc... Hard to know.  All I mean is it's no guarantee Wilks gets us in the playoffs, though I wouldn't have been surprised if he had.

Fwiw I think Reich does too.

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bill Polian talks about Reich...

From the article:

Bill Polian, the Pro Football Hall of Fame general manager, has hired Frank Reich twice at critical points during both men’s careers.

The two have stayed in regular touch for decades. And Polian thinks it is important that Panthers fans understand that there’s a big misconception about Reich only being hired as Carolina’s next head coach because he is a former NFL quarterback who can coach that one position well.

Said Polian in a phone interview: “Narratives can kind of take hold, and the narrative now about Frank is: ‘Well, he’s a quarterback whisperer and the Panthers are going to draft one and then he’ll develop him.’ But he’s much more than that. That’s part of his skill set, sure, but he’s an accomplished head coach. He’s innovative. He’s adaptive. Players love playing for him and coaches love coaching for him. Panther fans should be extremely happy.”

As for how quickly Reich can get the Panthers into the postseason, Polian said it depended mostly on the offense.

The Panthers’ defense, Polian said, is already close to playoff-quality, and he called defensive end Brian Burns a “game-wrecker.” But the Carolina offense needs several big pieces, he said.

“You’ve got to solve quarterback, No. 1,” Polian said. “I think they probably need a lot more production from the tight end position…. Probably need more production from the second wide receiver (behind DJ Moore). ... And you need a dynamic running back. That guy isn’t here. (Former Buffalo star) Thurman Thomas isn’t here. Christian McCaffrey isn’t here. … So without those components — the most important of which is the quarterback — the offense is not going to be a playoff-quality offense.”

But Polian is very bullish on Reich and concluded that he will fix the team, and do so with class.

“Carolina is getting somebody,” Polian said, “that every Panther fan and every Charlottean can be proud of.”

I so totally respect Bill Polian and have for a very long time. When Richardson hired him as our first GM to set up the team I knew he was serious about winning.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More fluff...

Happy for real grown up NFL coaches.  Wow Tepper...you really lowered the bar here. I sure hope he has learned and  is listening to someone with some sense.  Maybe Nicole is the smart one?

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1