• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

The Panthers situation going into this coming season is markedly better than it has been for at least 4 years.  Three seasons of Rhule (no explanation needed) and Rivera's final season, where he was basically throwing poo at the wall hoping something would stick because he had run out of ideas.

Hard to believe, knowing the Panthers just hired an offensive expert/former NFL QB, who learned his trade at the feet of some of the best coaching minds the NFL has had to offer during the last 50 years, that any fan wouldn't be stoked right now.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 3

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like we need a sign that says this...

Brissett was the only other FA alternative to Darnold that I felt was an actual viable upgrade but was concerned about being a much more expensive option. Would be nice if having Reich here means the price tag is less. 

With Reich we can build our QB room, not necessarily have to get a retread. Roll with Corral and maybe draft a guy to compete along with Eason.

To me though, listening to him speak about the defense I could easily see #9 go to defense and seeing what QBs may drop, just like last season with Corral.

I think Young will drop because size/durability concerns, somewhat to the degree Corral fell. Just a hunch.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

His contract expired. He'd need to be resigned.

I can't wait to see what he does with currently the only QB on the roster, who needs to get his self back in town asap...

/cdn-cgi/mirage/53104d6b7d77be61ef3bb1efd0ac72110029b9eb62e50364751d10de7e95e9c6/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/412771892_Screenshot_20221014-1520352.png.0d8221e0079f00b9e81bfd8eca09c8af.png

If I am not mistaken they can't talk to the players about actual Xs and Os until April 1.

I think it's a stupid rule. I think the players should be able to do whatever they want voluntarily. 

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

With Reich we can build our QB room, not necessarily have to get a retread. Roll with Corral and maybe draft a guy to compete along with Eason.

To me though, listening to him speak about the defense I could easily see #9 go to defense and seeing what QBs may drop, just like last season with Corral.

I think Young will drop because size/durability concerns, somewhat to the degree Corral fell. Just a hunch.

Panthers are more likely to trade up the stay put to draft defense…again. 

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

His contract expired. He'd need to be resigned.

I can't wait to see what he does with currently the only QB on the roster, who needs to get his self back in town asap...

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/412771892_Screenshot_20221014-1520352.png.0d8221e0079f00b9e81bfd8eca09c8af.png

Darnold isn’t coming back. Get over him.