• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

9 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If he is smart he wont try to do everything on offense. Most HCs who try to run the offense and call plays don't do it well. Everyone wants the next McVay but they aren't plentiful.

I agree he wont call the plays and the QC and QB Coach will be big of course but he definitely will be in the QB and the OCs ear in terms of development and gameplanning. That QB is going to be his golden goose.  Can still be a CEO Coach while taking a serious interest in the QB development path.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Same thought applies to those qbs in the draft, maybe 2nd or a 3rd , certainly not 9th overall.

Young is better than any QB in last year's draft or this year's. If the guy was 6'3" 220 or so, everyone saying no to a QB in R1 would be screaming he is the next generational QB and the Panthers should trade everything for him.

Despite Young's smaller size, he's still a top 10 QB.

7 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Young is better than any QB in last year's draft or this year's. If the guy was 6'3" 220 or so, everyone saying no to a QB in R1 would be screaming he is the next generational QB and the Panthers should trade everything for him.

Despite Young's smaller size, he's still a top 10 QB.

Wont be there at 9...

Not worth moving up for.

29 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

It's not the bullets, it's the targets that are the issue.

Your opinion.. I think Young and Stroud are really good QB prospects.. And can be developed into top 10 QB’s.. 

Young is smarter and more accurate then Kyler.. And if he was 6’3 225lb He will be looked at like Lawrance.. With his ability..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bryce-young-1.html

And Stroud has the size accuracy and arm talent to be really special if coaching can pull more GA game Stroud and he uses his running ability more…

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

Both there stats and production are better and more consistent then a lot of QB’s been coming out lately..

so yes I especially think these 2 are worthy targets use a few picks to go up and get.

Edited by WOW!!

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Your opinion.. I think Young and Stroud are really good QB prospects.. And can be developed into top 10 QB’s.. 

Young is smarter and more accurate then Kyler.. And if he was 6’3 225lb He will be looked at like Lawrance.. With his ability..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/bryce-young-1.html

And Stroud has the size accuracy and arm talent to be really special if coaching can pull more GA game Stroud and he uses his running ability more…

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

Both there stats and production are better and more consistent then a lot of QB’s been coming out lately..

so yes I especially think these 2 are worthy targets use a few picks to go up and get.

Your opinion...lol

Top 10 in the league? In what time frame do you see this happening?

If true we still pick 9th and they are not worth what it would take to do that, as was my original pt.

16 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Your opinion...lol

Top 10 in the league? In what time frame do you see this happening?

If true we still pick 9th and they are not worth what it would take to do that, as was my original pt.

Year 3 of there career.. Yes my opinion..

They won’t make it to 9.. To many teams infront of us need Qb and know they are talented.. We will definitely have to jump in front of either Houston or Indy to make sure we will get 1 of them..

This isn’t last years draft there will be more than 1 Qb drafted in the 1st round and at least 3 will be top 10 picks..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, glenwo2 said:

So Richardson it is.

I dont like any that will be available...hoping to grab some top talent at other positions and prepare for the right qb.we are a few yrs away regardless so waiting at for a prize isnt going to hurt us.this draft is loaded with lbs, corners,and the top lineman is right in our wheelhouse at 9.It wouldn't hurt us at all to go in that direction.I know the line is good ,let's make it great.There are some good TEs for those who think we need them.I am just not impressed with the idea of the QBs who will be available at 9 and certainly dont want to give what it will take to move up.

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Be prepared for disappointment.

I'm sure Reich will be democratic about it.

Matt Corral - Tepper guy; wants him developed

Jacob Eason - Reich guy; been developing him for 2 years

Davis Cheek - Fitterer/Morgan guy; keep bringing him back and want him developed

Aqeel Glass - Senior Advisor/Advisor/OC/QB coach guy [Tom Moore/Clyde Christensen/Jim Caldwell/John Defilippo]; been working with him since last year and have him going into the USFL.

Nick Foles - a veteran fall back that Reich would like to have on his roster if the Colts release him.

My guess is there will be no QB drafted with this class, and Reich will focus on developing his QBs. He will want to focus more on drafting offensive weapons and defensive players. Likely 2 TEs and 2 LBs in the draft. Reich and Ballard saw more value in waiting for a UDFA in the draft last year and this class is weaker than last years.

Would that be disappointing?