• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statement from Steve Wilks

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again your opinion.. Don’t really care what a systemically racist league thinks.. sorry

Hate to break the news to you but a majority of posts on a message board are opinions. It’s kind of the point. 

I do agree the league has some major issues with minority leaders. I just don’t think this was one of those situations.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hate to break the news to you but a majority of posts on a message board are opinions. It’s kind of the point. 

I do agree the league has some major issues with minority leaders. I just don’t think this was one of those situations.

Cool ..

16 hours ago, NAS said:

Lost between the lines is the fact he didn’t thank Tepper for the opportunity to be the interim head coach or the opportunity to interview.  That says something and I don’t like the insinuation that he wasn’t given a fair shot.

Ultimately, Tepper wants an offensive minded coach and Wilks is not it, regardless of his skin color.

Agreed. I’m seeing a lot on NFL twitter and from NFL reporters about David Tepper being part of the problem here. Has everyone already forgotten that he was the lone owner in the league that gave Eric Reid a roster spot? That he openly supported his players when they protested the anthem (agree or disagree). That without coming out and DIRECTLY saying it…that he thought Reid was being unfairly targeted for random drug screens?

That he hired Steve Wilks and gave him the associate HC position AND  basically gave him a risk-free audition as a head coach for over half the season.

Wilks, imo, had a case for being the head coach of the Panthers. But it wasn’t the BEST case to be the head coach. If Wilks was a former QB, offensive coordinator, with successful head coaching experience he would have gotten the job. It’s as simple as that. Hell…you could argue that if Wilks had just prepared his defense and we beat a really really mediocre Bucs team with Darnold playing the best football of his career then he’d be the head coach. 

The Panthers were NOT GOOD after he took over. They are average at best and lost to every good team they played other than Seattle at home. We also lost to a bunch of bad teams and played one of the weakest schedules in the league down the stretch and couldn’t close the deal. So…Wouldn’t have been upset if he was hired. But there is no argument statistically, historically, or otherwise to say that he would have been a better choice than Reich. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Agreed. I’m seeing a lot on NFL twitter and from NFL reporters about David Tepper being part of the problem here. Has everyone already forgotten that he was the lone owner in the league that gave Eric Reid a roster spot? That he openly supported his players when they protested the anthem (agree or disagree). That without coming out and DIRECTLY saying it…that he thought Reid was being unfairly targeted for random drug screens?

That he hired Steve Wilks and gave him the associate HC position AND  basically gave him a risk-free audition as a head coach for over half the season.

Wilks, imo, had a case for being the head coach of the Panthers. But it wasn’t the BEST case to be the head coach. If Wilks was a former QB, offensive coordinator, with successful head coaching experience he would have gotten the job. It’s as simple as that. Hell…you could argue that if Wilks had just prepared his defense and we beat a really really mediocre Bucs team with Darnold playing the best football of his career then he’d be the head coach. 

The Panthers were NOT GOOD after he took over. They are average at best and lost to every good team they played other than Seattle at home. We also lost to a bunch of bad teams and played one of the weakest schedules in the league down the stretch and couldn’t close the deal. So…Wouldn’t have been upset if he was hired. But there is no argument statistically, historically, or otherwise to say that he would have been a better choice than Reich. 

Top Post