• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I wouldn't be too excited about this Offensive staff with Gus Bradley at DC. In the presser it basically sounds like he's hoping their next QB is going to do all the heavy lifting for him

Sparano was with us as Assistant OL coach for a while under Rhule 

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I wouldn't be too excited about this Offensive staff with Gus Bradley at DC. In the presser it basically sounds like he's hoping their next QB is going to do all the heavy lifting for him

so the guys we didn't want, they picked up?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

if i was hurt as frequently as he is, i'd want one too.

Yep.  Also, Lamar would have done better if he had hired an agent.  A motivated third party/go between to smooth out the details, while not taking negotiations so personally, would have likely closed this deal by now. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I can understand how he is thinking that if a POS like Watson can get the biggest and best contract in the NFL why can't I...

I also get why you would want to do your own deal to save the fees but at the same time not everyone can handle negotiations

Edited by CanadianCat

Brissett+Richardson is a totally viable shot to take.  That would be something to be excited about.  If the staff in place has confidence in coaching up AR, I mean, that's pretty much the perfect setup for the future if we're not landing Young or Stroud. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Brissett+Richardson is a totally viable shot to take.  That would be something to be excited about.  If the staff in place has confidence in coaching up AR, I mean, that's pretty much the perfect setup for the future if we're not landing Young or Stroud. 

Not me. AR has way too much bust potential out of the top 4. This imaginary upside I keep hearing about is a pipe dream that you do not invest a 1st round pick on. 

And Brisset is just, well just not something i want to waste time and money on. But that's just my view I guess. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Not me. AR has way too much bust potential out of the top 4. This imaginary upside I keep hearing about is a pipe dream that you do not invest a 1st round pick on. 

And Brisset is just, well just not something i want to waste time and money on. But that's just my view I guess. 

His ceiling is exciting, but the floor is probably the lowest of the group. Could go either way. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

His ceiling is exciting, but the floor is probably the lowest of the group. Could go either way. 

Honestly, I really feel his comp is Josh Allen.  People keep saying Cam, but Cam was 1 of 1.  There will likely never be another Cam.  I compared Cam in football to MJ in basketball, because we just hadn't seen a player that was a legit force of nature that happened to also play QB in professional football.  He could not be stopped if his passing was on, and he touched the ball every snap, and he also just happened to be the most automatic short yardage back the game has ever seen lol.  That's not happening again...  and I saw that happening from college.

But, I've always said, Allen is like Cam-lite.  Not nearly the threat as a dynamic weapon in the running game, but a damn good one.  That's what set Cam apart - he was elite at both passing and running.  When he was on, he was one of the most electric passers with a rocket arm the game has ever seen, and then he ran like a bruising RB when he was a runner.  I expect AR to become a similar passer to Allen while being a bigger threat as a runner, but again, nowhere near what Cam was...  no one will come close to that again probably in our lifetime as a QB, not in that style.

But that's why I would love this pick.  A Josh Allen-type passer with ridiculous athleticism that can stress a defense every play with his legs as well as his arm?  I have been feeling for awhile that AR is the guy I want us to take.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Honestly, I really feel his comp is Josh Allen.  People keep saying Cam, but Cam was 1 of 1.  There will likely never be another Cam.  I compared Cam in football to MJ in basketball, because we just hadn't seen a player that was a legit force of nature that happened to also play QB in professional football.  He could not be stopped if his passing was on, and he touched the ball every snap, and he also just happened to be the most automatic short yardage back the game has ever seen lol.  That's not happening again...  and I saw that happening from college.

But, I've always said, Allen is like Cam-lite.  Not nearly the threat as a dynamic weapon in the running game, but a damn good one.  That's what set Cam apart - he was elite at both passing and running.  When he was on, he was one of the most electric passers with a rocket arm the game has ever seen, and then he ran like a bruising RB when he was a runner.  I expect AR to become a similar passer to Allen while being a bigger threat as a runner, but again, nowhere near what Cam was...  no one will come close to that again probably in our lifetime as a QB, not in that style.

But that's why I would love this pick.  A Josh Allen-type passer with ridiculous athleticism that can stress a defense every play with his legs as well as his arm?  I have been feeling for awhile that AR is the guy I want us to take.

If that is the conclusion our coaches & GM come to, I'm game.  

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I loved Cam but I think people forget things over time. 

Cam was the undisputed best running QB in the league while he played. He was shifty and quick and BIG. But passing was another story. He was always in the bottom 1/3 of the league when it came to passing. He had trouble not throwing with touch. 

Cam was a great QB, the best QB this team has ever seen but every year we all hoped that he would get better at throwing the ball and he really didnt.