• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Scheme

ericr0319

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Kaye posted this...

Roy and YGM seem like misfits in this system.  Roy got bullied as a 3-tech, won't hold up as a NT.  YGM is undersized for a 3-4 end and not fast enough to be a OLB.

I'd re-sign Anderson to be an end.  Luckily, our undersized DEs in a 4-3 are now perfect OLBs in a 3-4.  I wouldn't mind hanging on to Haynes now.  He was strictly a one down player in a 4-3.

We really have to beef up our DL now.  There was a need for some upgrade/depth in the 4-3 scheme, more so now even with one less linemen; we still need players here for the schematic fit.

I was purely wanting to focus on offense this off season with a tweak to the defense.  I like the Evero hire, but it made our needs on defense increase.  Given our cap and limited draft picks, this is going to be a tough task.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Horn at FS? D-Jax learning two entirely different positions coming off an Achilles?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBfD5ZrBj91j_QJznIHi-

Horn at corner, Free Safety open as in someone not on the roster yet.

Jackson is listed at the other corner so I'm not sure where you get that he'd have to learn two different positions.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Horn at FS? D-Jax learning two entirely different positions coming off an Achilles?

He is saying that FS is open.. meaning we would have to fill it via FA or draft. He is also saying that Jackson would remain in the nickel when Henderson is on the field. Meaning nickel /dime situations  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lol right. Luvu also makes way more sense as an ILB. He’s not an edge rusher in a 3-4, but he would be a good be a great blitzer from the inside. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1