• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson Rumors: Ravens Could Consider Trading QB for 'Windfall' of Draft Picks

GOAT

On 2/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Seems like Cam is the poster boy for every QB who runs.

People said the same thing about Josh Allen this year saying he is gonna end up like Cam.

My question why wasn't this a thing before Cam?

Vick never had that label. 

Vick...didn't hear the injury label? Lololol..

Are you 18 to 22? Vick couldn't stay on the field man. He was always injured and it was discussed at length by damn near everyone. 

We don't know what Josh Allen is going to be. He's what, in year 4 now? With a major elbow injury? How will rhat elbow hold up by Year 8? 

You're writing things off for the present. That tells me that you're young and probably only witnessed Cam's situation and Mike Vick's injury history through the words of others.

Jackson's production has only gotten worse as the League has figured out how to play him. Not only that, as mentioned at length, he can't stay healthy.  One reason why he's wanting a fully guaranteed contract.  He's not stupid, but he's also tipping his hand.  Lamar knows his style of play has a shelf life and it's likely to expire before he, or the team, would like it to. 

I don't like his decision making on or off the field honestly.  

Choosing to not have professional representation for negotiating what will be a $220+ million contract is absolutely stupid.  Not smart in any way you spin it.  In a league with over 2,000 players, he's one of like 15 who don't have an agent. No legal representation, no one verifying contractural language, potential amendments, no help.    

He's also 4 years removed from his MVP year already, playing in just 12 games each of the last 2 years.  

Going after him poses a bigger risk than trading up for a rookie.  You're giving up similar assets (maybe even more) and don't have the liberty of it being a rookie deal, it's a mega-contract.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

I don't like his decision making on or off the field honestly.  

Choosing to not have professional representation for negotiating what will be a $220+ million contract is absolutely stupid.  Not smart in any way you spin it.  In a league with over 2,000 players, he's one of like 15 who don't have an agent. No legal representation, no one verifying contractural language, potential amendments, no help.    

He's also 4 years removed from his MVP year already, playing in just 12 games each of the last 2 years.  

Going after him poses a bigger risk than trading up for a rookie.  You're giving up similar assets (maybe even more) and don't have the liberty of it being a rookie deal, it's a mega-contract.  

Rumor is he's wanting his contract fully guaranteed like Deshaun Watson.  That, more than anything, is the sticking point--not the overall value.

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Vick...didn't hear the injury label? Lololol..

Are you 18 to 22? Vick couldn't stay on the field man. He was always injured and it was discussed at length by damn near everyone. 

We don't know what Josh Allen is going to be. He's what, in year 4 now? With a major elbow injury? How will rhat elbow hold up by Year 8? 

You're writing things off for the present. That tells me that you're young and probably only witnessed Cam's situation and Mike Vick's injury history through the words of others.

So Brady/Manning/Brees never got injured?

All QB's get injured my man. Stop trying to make Cam the poster boy for QB's being injured.

25 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

We’re just not in a spot to give up a lot of draft capital IMO. The team isn’t a QB away and also isn’t going to get blown up. Outside of a very good deal it just seems like a bad idea. 

Are we in a spot to trade up in the draft, which would probably be similar to what it would take for Lamar? I’m not saying we get him (I’d love it though) but I’ve seen lots of ppl have no issues trading up for an unknown rather than what’s known. Both aren’t ideal, but getting an mvp at qb would be much better than trading assets for a rookie. 

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You good bro?

Who said anything about winning anything?

I simply said he is a franchise QB. Calm down Mr. Scot

You don't know anything about what kind of scheme we're going to run or whether Jackson would fit it.

You don't acknowledge anything about what his issues or limitations have been with his prior team.

Honestly, I'm not sure you even care about those things.

You just see a super athletic quarterback that reminds you of Newton and think "oh that's everything we need".

In reality, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Mr. Scot

As fun as Jackson is to watch, I'm very concerned with his injuries the past two seasons.  They cost his team wins.  While Jackson is absolutely electric when healthy, he doesn't have the largest frame.  And we have seen how even the mold breaking Cam Newton eventually fell apart with injuries.

I'd rather gamble on a rookie than tie up our team for half a decade with Jackson.

If a top 5 coach in the nfl who drafted and developed a player, who also built his team around said player and his best results of years of development was 1 MVP but nothing else, then decides to move on from said player you should take his lead. Get everything you can for him and draft another play.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't know anything about what kind of scheme we're going to run or whether Jackson would fit it.

You don't acknowledge anything about what his issues or limitations have been with his prior team.

Honestly, I'm not sure you even care about those things.

You just see a super athletic quarterback that reminds you of Newton and think "oh that's everything we need".

In reality, you have no clue what you're talking about.

My man Lamar won MVP.

Im sorry but im ending this conversation you clearly just don't like Lamar the player. I can't take you serious when you are questioning a QB who has a MVP and is in the MVP conversation every year.

Have a nice day sir!