• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wasn't too impressed with Steichen's play calling

top dawg

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Their inexperience showed last night.  Reid showed them why he's still one of the best coaches in the league.  He took them to the woodshed in the 2nd half.

Sums up the game.  The Chiefs dominated on offense in the 2nd half and the Eagles had no answer on defense.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude they were 14-3 with that offense and took KC to the damn wire last night.   If you have the players and scheme its a damn hard offense to stop

We nearly went undefeated and had a really hard offense to stop with Cam Newton and Mike Shula. Imagine somebody hiring Mike Shula to HC after that thinking they were getting some wunderkind. Not saying Steichen and Shula are the same, just something to think about.

I saw a lot of great plays made by Eagles players last night, I didn’t necessarily see them outscheme the Chiefs. I have the same problem with Hurts, and Olsen pointed it out a little. He chucked up a couple bombs that were basically just betting that AJ Brown would play the ball better than the coverage. One was a TD, one was nearly a pick. I saw several plays where both Hurts and the play design were bailed out by Goedert or a WR making spectacular grabs in coverage.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

We were 12-4 and took Prime Patriots down to the wire also 

I don't want an offense that can almost win, we have had that, I want an offense that can actually win the superbowl

No more moral victories and happy to be there , it's victory or nothing!!!!!

Let's start with some consist almost wins and work on the actual SB titles if we get there. 

I too want a few SB trophies to brag about.  But to get them you must be able to get there and keep getting there because brother that is the ultimate goal. Building a team to win it all 1 season is a short sighted and often chosen route by a lot of teams. But very few can carry that over to the following season.  Why is that?

The reality is extremely hard to do in the salary cap era. Players move on to better contracts and coaches move on the promotions elsewhere.  In essence you start over.

Every coach will tell you that he coaches a different team every season. There may be a lot of the same players and coaches but only this year's class has a chance to lift the trophy. 

35 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Sums up the game.  The Chiefs dominated on offense in the 2nd half and the Eagles had no answer on defense.

The most under rated element of that game was the Chief's offensive line. Brilliant performance. They didn't give up a sack. Between Mahomes and the RB's they averaged just over 6 yards per run. Even if you take out the QB scrambling, they still averaged over 5.5 yds per rushing attempt.

If an O-line is not giving up QB sacks/pressures, and that team is averaging 6 yards per rushing attempt, then they're going to be hard to contain on offense for 4 quarters.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 4

7 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Not gonna lie, feels like a weird thread when the Eagles O put up 35 points, 25 first downs, and 400+ yards with the only turnover being their QB just flat out dropping the ball. The Eagles D cost them that game.

The Eagles scored a grand total of three points in the second half...until the very end. The OL that dominated all season, for what ever reason, was a no show in the second half. Hurts had no time to do anything in the second half. 

5 hours ago, Hogan said:

The Eagles scored a grand total of three points in the second half...until the very end. The OL that dominated all season, for what ever reason, was a no show in the second half. Hurts had no time to do anything in the second half. 

The very end equals over 5 minutes left in the game? You do realize they only had three possessions in the second half save the one with 8 seconds left and no time outs and 64 yards needed? One drive was a three and out, other two were for 60 and 75 yards. I’m not sure how you pin the loss on the eagles offense in the second half when it was their second ranked defense that led the league in sacks not bringing down mahomes once the entire game, allowing 6 yards per carry and their special teams allowing the longest punt return in Super Bowl history. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

The very end equals over 5 minutes left in the game? You do realize they only had three possessions in the second half save the one with 8 seconds left and no time outs and 64 yards needed? One drive was a three and out, other two were for 60 and 75 yards. I’m not sure how you pin the loss on the eagles offense in the second half when it was their second ranked defense that led the league in sacks not bringing down mahomes once the entire game, allowing 6 yards per carry and their special teams allowing the longest punt return in Super Bowl history. 

They had their foot on the necks of KC near the end of the first half, and likely could have gone a long ways icing the Chiefs right there. If they could have just figured out one drive, just one effective drive in the second half, it's likely game over. 

Mahomes is Mahomes. It's not a surprise that he nullified all that noise. Even Philly's defense couldn't stand the pressure; that's why you have to take them out offensively if you're able, and Philly had the firepower to do it, notwithstanding their defense. The fact is is that they got out-coached. If you give Reid and Bienemy (not to mention Spagnuolo) the Eagles in the same situation with five minutes left in the first half, notwithstanding the fumble, I bet they would've led the Eagles to victory.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, top dawg said:

They had their foot on the necks of KC near the end of the first half, and likely could have gone a long ways icing the Chiefs right there. If they could have just figured out one drive, just one effective drive in the second half, it's likely game over. 

Mahomes is Mahomes. It's not a surprise that he nullified all that noise. Even Philly's defense couldn't stand the pressure; that's why you have to take them out offensively if you're able, and Philly had the firepower to do it, notwithstanding their defense. The fact is is that they got out-coached. If you give Reid and Bienemy (not to mention Spagnuolo) the Eagles in the same situation with five minutes left in the first half, notwithstanding the fumble, I bet they would've led the Eagles to victory.

So Steichen is a bum even though the offense scored 35 points is what you’re saying. Good take Skip.