• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add Jim Caldwell

ncfan

2 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

You have to wonder how they sold him on this when so many other teams were after him for a more prominent position. I wonder how much legacy has to do with his decision. By that I mean, do you think that the pitch involved the opportunity to come in and mentor rising coaching talent? Evero is already on board and this will hopefully be a springboard for his next opportunity. How cool would it be for the Panthers to become an incubator for rising coaching talent? With older, veteran Head Coaches taking consultant roles where they get to continue to grow their coaching trees, but with the better quality of life that comes from a consultant role vs. HC. 

I think that could be the case and if so it would probably mean someone like Thomas Brown who hes specifically mentioned before.

47 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Why am i the only one who doesn't like this hire?

1. Ride Peyton's coat tails

2. 9-7 with lions twice when they had stafford and megatron

3. Ravens offense collapsed after super bowl with him as oc

4. Last job was in miami pre-tua when they were awful

5. HASNT COACHED IN FOUR YEARS. according to pro football reference so may have missed something

6. This was the backup plan bc whoever tepper wanted from philly said no. Why wait this long? Was caldwell and advisor for one of the two teams?  No.

tldr; this will be mcadoo 2.0, if not worse. His schemes are outdated. It will be like ron calling offense. Bland and uninspired. He survived years on talent. We get yet another coach because NO ONE WANTS TO BE HERE

He's not hired to be the offensive coordinator...

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Hmmmm..   that's a lot of talent on 1 coaching staff  ..

I hope it's not like the  Phil Eagles a few years back when they signed so many free agents with a lot of talent, but they couldn't play together..

Whoo ,, lots of coaching talent .  

Few years back? Man, that was more than a decade ago lol.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm loving it.  Pumping his best resource (his money) into this franchise and letting the football people do their job (hopefully).  What more can we ask for?

I think even if it all fails now, we have to give Tepper a pass in that instance. He has stated that he's learned. The guy seems to take pride in the ability to brag about his wins in business. To think he would suffer a long-term losing football team--his biggest investment by far--is not realistic. The Panthers failing would outshine anything else he's ever done or will ever do in his career. A bunch of rich people have properties and yachts, but only 31 principally control some of the most valuable enterprises in sports and even fewer fully own it by themselves.

And we've heard the "let the football people do their job" a lot. I could understand him not doing so in the Rhule regime--nor should he have.

OTOH, I completely understand him turning the team over fully to this regime and fully expect him to.

• Pie 2