• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

Just now, WOW!! said:

Future capital don’t mean crap if you don’t have the most important position on the field.. I don’t know what game you watched but Burrows went 3-1 without Chase this year.. A beat down on us being 1 of those games.. Burrows has proven with or without Chase he is a difference maker.. And Jmo you’re not getting the same quality player after the top 2.. So you can wait and hope somebody can develop into that guy.. Which with this new staff might work.. But I’d rather trade up and get that guy who has already shown they are at that level.. again Just my opinion l…

So if Reich and co stay out at 9 and take whichever fall of Levis or Ar15, will you trust the staff as well?

Looking at the teams in front of us:

Moving up to #1 or even #3 might require more draft capital than the Panthers are willing to give up.

However, depending on how the first few picks fall, I could see Fitterer making a deal with his former associates in Seattle @ #5.  The Panthers might also make a deal with Detroit @ #6.  If neither of those organizations are going to select a QB, dropping back to #9 might be an option for additional picks.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

• Pie 1

What’s the ultimate goal? Winning a Super Bowl? If yes then you don’t trade up for a QB. In the last 20 years only 5 times has the winning QB of the Super Bowl been a draft pick above the 9th pick. Peyton Manning(2), Eli Manning(2) and Matthew Stafford. 

If you want to go further, only 12 of the 40 starting QBs in the last 20 Super Bowls have been drafted before the 9th pick. 

Some of the Super Bowl winning QBs drafted in the first round but after the 9th pick?  Big Ben (11th), Mahomes (10th), Rodgers (24th) and Joe Flacco (18th).  The rest were all drafted after the first round. 

There’s a lot of luck in finding a franchise, Super Bowling winning QB. But trading up into the top five has not given any team in the last 20 years a Super Bowl victory. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

A Top 10 pick has to be a sure thing in my book.

None of these QBs are sure things, but you risk it for Stroud if he falls (he won't).

Young is the best QB in this Draft, but he's literally smaller than Murray. Levis I don't get the hype about at all and Richardson needs to sit at least a year.

No argument from me.

2 hours ago, mountainpantherfan2 said:

What’s the ultimate goal? Winning a Super Bowl? If yes then you don’t trade up for a QB. In the last 20 years only 5 times has the winning QB of the Super Bowl been a draft pick above the 9th pick. Peyton Manning(2), Eli Manning(2) and Matthew Stafford. 

If you want to go further, only 12 of the 40 starting QBs in the last 20 Super Bowls have been drafted before the 9th pick. 

Some of the Super Bowl winning QBs drafted in the first round but after the 9th pick?  Big Ben (11th), Mahomes (10th), Rodgers (24th) and Joe Flacco (18th).  The rest were all drafted after the first round. 

There’s a lot of luck in finding a franchise, Super Bowling winning QB. But trading up into the top five has not given any team in the last 20 years a Super Bowl victory. 

Mahomes was a QB traded up for… Just saying..

I hope we trade whatever it takes to get the 1st pick and draft our franchise QB. It's a perfect storm in so many ways that in my mind it makes sense. We have a good enough team to win the division next year if said 1st overall pick plays even half way decent. The future picks won't mean much if we're making the playoffs. How often is the top overall team not drafting a QB because they have their QB in place? The availability of the top overall pick when there is a potential franchise QB in the draft class is only once that I can think of with Goff and Wentz. We have the perfect coaching staff in place to groom our future QB. Trade what it takes. The top 3 picks next year(QBs) may not even be available for trade if they are QB needy teams for the people saying trade up next year.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, wesley17 said:

I hope we trade whatever it takes to get the 1st pick and draft our franchise QB. It's a perfect storm in so many ways that in my mind it makes sense. We have a good enough team to win the division next year if said 1st overall pick plays even half way decent. The future picks won't mean much if we're making the playoffs. How often is the top overall team not drafting a QB because they have their QB in place? The availability of the top overall pick when there is a potential franchise QB in the draft class is only once that I can think of with Goff and Wentz. We have the perfect coaching staff in place to groom our future QB. Trade what it takes. The top 3 picks next year(QBs) may not even be available for trade if they are QB needy teams for the people saying trade up next year.

Making plans a year early before season plays out is a losing strategy…