• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My honest answer would be "whatever this staff wants".

We've got a smart coaching staff with tons of NFL experience, including plenty in the quarterback department.

I'm on board with whatever they think.

Exact thing I said to my wife yesterday. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My honest answer would be "whatever this staff wants".

We've got a smart coaching staff with tons of NFL experience, including plenty in the quarterback department.

I'm on board with whatever they think.

Yeah my answer depends on the staff's board. I don't want them trading up to 1 to get Levis but if they feel strongly about Young or Stroud they should.  If they're good with Levis or Richardson just hold at 9 and see how it falls.

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What I gather is that the shot everyone is speaking of is a shot on their preferred qb. If it's not their preferred guy then it's not considered taking a shot?

my preferred guy is Stroud.  But I can accept Young.   I want them to take a shot on a young super talent.  Even it isn't their #1 guy.  Which you almost never can get.   Which is why you can't always hold off on that dream materializing. 

If your ideal QB is the next Trevor Lawerence? Your coaching career opportunity isn't going to be long enough likely to ever realistically get a chance to go all in on that type prospect. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

my preferred guy is Stroud.  But I can accept Young.   I want them to take a shot on a young super talent.  Even it isn't their #1 guy.  Which you almost never can get.   Which is why you can't always hold off on that dream materializing. 

If your ideal QB is the next Trevor Lawerence? Your coaching career opportunity isn't going to be long enough likely to ever realistically get a chance to go all in on that type prospect. 

How do you know that the staff feel the same way about Stroud as you do?  From every ranking I've taken the time to look at has the qbs ranked like this. 

1. Young

13 thru 15 Stroud, Levis, AR.

Or.

3. Young

13-14. Stroud, Levis

25-28. AR 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

How do you know that the staff feel the same way about Stroud as you do?  From every ranking I've taken the time to look at has the qbs ranked like this. 

I know we have virtually no talent in our QB room.  Only chance to really win in the NFL is to get talent there. 

So again, in the end, it doesn't matter what their order is.  We have to start prioritizing adding talent.  Stroud is just my guy in this lot. 

and if this front office is going to holdoff for some dream scenario before they add legitimately high talented QB prospects? I won't be a fan of them.  Because if my ideal QB is a Trevor Lawarence? Which it frankly is? I'd wait forever most likely and then be gone. 

and if Stroud was there at 9 and we passed on him? Like you suggest he might be. Because we had some recycled vet another team threw away? Well, then my position on the Frank Reich era will be very negative. 

Hmmm, very tough question, and if I have to state my feelings I'd be the same as Scot...we have a legitimate coaching staff, and I think front office...may be the first time in our history, I trust them, even if what they get fails...it's the QB position, the hardest to fill in all of sports.

But to answer the question of what I want? 

Personally, and this greatly depends on what Carr is looking for, but I'd want us to give him a 2/3 year deal with a large amount of guaranteed money being paid in year 1 and 2...very little to none in year 3.

Draft a QB at 9 who has the mindset to learn the game and sit for at least a season, then evaluate again next offseason.

That, IMO, gives us the best shot at immediate wins and playoff pushes, while preparing for the next 5+ years.

Not a huge fan of selling the farm to move way up for a rookie, but if the FO and coaching staff think that's the play, I'll trust them.

If Carr wants something like a Watson or Wilson deal, then Sam will do as that gap QB, and hopefully the rook can be ready by 24.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I know we have virtually no talent in our QB room.  Only chance to really win in the NFL is to get talent there. 

So again, in the end, it doesn't matter what their order is.  We have to start prioritizing adding talent.  Stroud is just my guy in this lot. 

and if this front office is going to holdoff for some dream scenario before they add legitimately high talented QB prospects? I won't be a fan of them.  Because if my ideal QB is a Trevor Lawarence? Which it frankly is? I'd wait forever most likely and then be gone. 

and if Stroud was there at 9 and we passed on him? Like you suggest he might be. Because we had some recycled vet another team threw away? Well, then my position on the Frank Reich era will be very negative. 

I never suggested they would pass on him at 9. I suggested that they may not be willing to trade up for him. I seriously doubt they pass on any of the so called top 3 at 9.

Edited by Jon Snow

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I never suggested they would pass on him at 9. I suggested that they may not be willing to trade up for him. I seriously doubt they pass on any of the so called top 3 at 9.

I too have agreed the price for the top spots might simply be too high.  Largely because of so many QB needy teams ahead of us too.   It's not a good spot for us. 

It certainly will be too high of a price for the masses here.  It would cost more than Lance most likely for us.  Folks ahead of us will ensure that IMO. 

Just now, CRA said:

I too have agreed the price for the top spots might simply be too high.  Largely because of so many QB needy teams ahead of us too.   It's not a good spot for us. 

It certainly will be too high of a price for the masses here.  It would cost more than Lance most likely for us.  Folks ahead of us will ensure that IMO. 

Of course they will.  We would get raped. There's not a qb is this draft worth getting raped over.

• Pie 4

Carr is gonna get paid like a top qb by somebody.  He is a 4 time pro bowler available as an ufa and nearly won mvp one year.

I don't see paying that kind of money for a bridge.  Further if you signed him, I'm sure he would be upset if you draft a qb to replace him at 9.

I'd rather draft a top qb this year but I do think if you go with carr, you are committing to him as the guy for 3 or 4 years.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Of course they will.  We would get raped. There's not a qb is this draft worth getting raped over.

Manning, Luck, Trevor.  

Outside of them, only hindsight IMO would make you feel could about giving up the farm for anyone though. 

I also frankly don't give a poo about being 9-8 and making the playoffs and being done.   Either you find a special QB or you don't matter.  That's where I am at.   That's what I think has to be your priority.   It's why we should of drafted Fields when he fell and frankly keep drafting QBs high when they fall until one develops.   Let's say you had Fields and then Stroud fell.  Cool.  That wouldn't be bad.  Keep adding you talent at QB until you got someone special.  That should be the approach IMO instead of Teddy, Sam, Baker, Carr.