• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 CJ Trade

razorwolf

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields isn’t getting traded. Bears aren’t picking at #1 overall. And yes, at OSU Fields is thought of more highly than Stroud. Stroud lost to Michigan twice. And as good as he played against UGA, Fields game, hurt , against Clemson was even better. 

I swear people sleep on Fields.

Once he gets a Oline and some weapons he's going to be scary.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I swear people sleep on Fields.

Once he gets a Oline and some weapons he's going to be scary.

Yeah people need to watch that Clemson game again. Carr will never carry a team like that, or how Fields kept the Bears watchable last year. Stroud has a different style but showed enough in that Georgia game that I would easily trade up from him or straight up trade #9 for Fields even though we should have just drafted him for free when we had the chance. Carr is not as talented/tough as either guy and 2021 was probably his peak which resulted in not much

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

As time passes I'm starting to like the idea of trading up for Stroud more and more. In the next few weeks we will see what QB will start to separate themselves from the pack to be the clear number 1 or they all might continue to be lumped together as all #1 overall possibilities. This is worst case scenario for us to leverage a trade. I really hope something happens to cause his stock to drop like not going to the combine or only doing certain drills or even only a pro day at OSU. Everyone and their mother really thinks Bryce Young is the best and thats fine, let them think it. Let him go first, hell let the potential of Levis go right after him, but for the love of god we need to find a not so costly way of getting the poise of CJ Stroud behind our line like yesterday!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

If this was 2024 and Caleb Williams or Drake Maye are up there then I am all about it. But when you have a bunch of QBs that every one views differently and aren't even the top overall prospects on the board, then I am passing. 

If that is the case for our coaches, they need to trade back and pick up a first next year from someone. You either suck enough to get your QB or you pay up in draft capital. I’m fine with either, but my goodness…. Pick one and don’t be mediocre.

8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Oh my. Is one of the bully posters mad? Lol. No matter. For some reason it makes you upset that Stroud has a following. You’re just one of those old dudes that hate when folks get attention and want to be contrarian. It’s ok. I’m not stopping you. I didn’t even quote you. 

Does not bother me he has a following. It bothers me when you imply some negative connotation to those that are not. 

18 hours ago, razorwolf said:

Just a question to anyone. 

I’ve read different places about what the colts would probably have to give up to move to #1 (23: 1st, 2nd, 5th; 24: 1st), but I figure the bears are going to want more draft capital than that! But if the bears would accept a offer of that magnitude I’d think I’d be willing to give up (2) 1st (23’ & 24’), 2nd (62), and 5th (148) to move up to #1! What is your opinion on this scenario?

Thankful you aren't the Panthers GM.  The next step after that is people saying, "Imagine if we had talent around him."