• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Statistical Analysis of Signing Carr vs. Trading for L. Jackson

MHS831

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jimmy G has played for two of the better franchises and better coaches in recent NFL memory. Carr has played for the Raiders.

There's a reason why Carr will be the hottest veteran QB on the market this year and Jimmy G will be hoping for another opportunity to even compete for a starting job.

So he would be cheaper, we could expect a similar level of play, and he will get injured so the rookie will eventually get to play.

Win-win-win.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So he would be cheaper, we could expect a similar level of play, and he will get injured so the rookie will eventually get to play.

Win-win-win.

No, we couldn't expect a similar level of play. He's produces a similar level of play in FAR better situations. Put Carr in his situations and he's probably considered one of the better QBs of his generation. Put Jimmy G in Carr's situations and he's Sam Darnold.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I really, really like Lamar, but I'm not trading 3 1sts for any QB at this point. Watson looked about as sure of a get as there was and a hands-down, no debate franchise QB. Browns traded the farm for him, his team got them to guarantee his entire contract despite the fact that by the time he would be eligible to play he wouldve had sat out almost 2 full years and then by the time he hit the field he looked like absolute poo. And i wanted Watson (dependent on the cost to trade)... whew.

It's my opinion now, when it comes to QBs, I'd much rather sign one and/or draft one than trade for one, especially a QB that is also wanting a new contract in addition to the cost of the trade. It's just too much to give up for Lamar in assets and money. I completely understand teams like the Rams last year or the Chiefs or Eagles this year, trading assets for positions to fit around a QB and team that's already in place... but when you invest that much solely in the position of QB, you often just aren't capable of plugging holes in other places for several years.

I think Lamar is the better overall player and is more dynamic, but Carr is also a hell of a player and will come at a lot less of a price in regards to assets and money and allows us to continue to address other positions that need to be addressed (rookie QB, TE, WR, Edge).

You need to bump a couple of the those watsons and see who were against trading three 1sts and bunch of other picks for watson....... 

Hint: I was one and many were blasting me, per normal......dam shame no one members these posts, gives the wrong all the power......

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You need to bump a couple of the those watsons and see who were against trading three 1sts and bunch of other picks for watson....... 

Hint: I was one and many were blasting me, per normal......dam shame no one members these posts, gives the wrong all the power......

Oh, I remember...

Those "Watson Watch" threads? Who could forget those 😆

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I'd also like to add, I completely agree with what we know of Lamar as a leader and his character. 100% awesome dude.

But I think, despite your insider sources, that you are understanding Carr's leadership and character. How he handled the Ruggs situation and all the other garbage that happened there in 2021 damn near brought a tear to my eye. It was admirable and I can't imagine someone handling that turbulent period any better. I already liked him, but it made me respect him that much more... but I also understand how being outspoken about your religion can sometimes rub people the wrong way in a locker room, and I suspect maybe that's where the insider source you have may have an issue?

The inside source is a Raider player, and he likes Carr.  He said that some of the players are not responsive to his kind of leadership--so you are right.  He said he rubs people the wrong way--Source said--at times he is like a less offensive, watered down Russell Wilson--may have been a joke. Actually, the person who told me that was not the player but his Dad.  I think it is the religion--but not sure.  I did not throw Carr under the bus by any means...You are correct in the way Carr handled one situation very well.

• Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh, I remember...

Those "Watson Watch" threads? Who could forget those 😆

I was scared to death about that.  I know others don't care, but character matters to me.  Hard for me to root for a person like that, and I realize there were some ambulance-chasing attorneys in the mix. 

I just thought the money and the picks would kill this franchise before it saved it. 

And I was born in Columbia SC when my father was playing for the Gamecocks, so I might be a little biased 🙈

• Pie 1

A) Carr has a slight advantage on availability. Important to note how Ravens fans bitched about how long it took him to heal from his MCL sprain and  Carr drug himself out there with a groin tear like the next week.

B) you have to give up draft capital for Lamar and likely more money. It hasn’t taken the Ravens this long to resign him for no reason and the reports are saying he could want a contract fully guaranteed like Watson’s. 

9D0A67B9-BB3E-4CAA-92F7-1E54CD18B33C.jpeg

43438EC4-8B6C-4E9B-AF7D-B7A9FBC31310.jpeg

Edited by Cdparr7

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, we couldn't expect a similar level of play. He's produces a similar level of play in FAR better situations. Put Carr in his situations and he's probably considered one of the better QBs of his generation. Put Jimmy G in Carr's situations and he's Sam Darnold.

Yeah doesn’t Carr have like the most 4th Q come backs and game winning drives since 2014 or something?