• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB options sorted in preference tiers

JawnyBlaze

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Give me Lamar Jackson over Carr anyday and twice on Sundays.

It's 3 options for me.

1. Trade up for Stroud/Young

2. Stay at #9 and hope Levis/Richardson fall in our lap

3. Go after Lamar or Rodgers

Bridge QB's is not something I want again. Carr is just a slight upgrade over Darnold. No thanks but we can't become a middle of the pack team for the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

I genuinely think Stroud will be there later than we think and won’t cost a move up to one.

Would be nice but there are simply too many teams ahead of us that need a QB.

In order for that to seem more realistic one of those teams ahead of us need to trade for Lamar Jackson. Even then Stroud is most likely the 2nd QB taken off the board.

People are way too thirsty being okay trading 2-3 1sts for one of these QB’s. 

You don’t have to like Corral, but compare full snap game tapes of him vs. Stroud/Young, and tell me there is 3 1st round difference in the tape.

Take emotion out of it, and compare the physical ability, arm talent, mobility, decision making, etc.

It’s tolerable trading up to 5-6 range, but trading with the Bears?…sheesh. 

We are in prime position to strengthen our team all over, and people want to give it all away for a maybe. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You don’t have to like Corral, but compare full snap game tapes of him vs. Stroud/Young, and tell me there is 3 1st round difference in the tape.

Take emotion out of it, and compare the physical ability, arm talent, mobility, decision making, etc.

We are in prime position to strengthen our team all over, and people want to give it all away for a maybe. 

I agree.  All we see is teams going "all in" on a QB in the draft or free agency and getting burned. 

I am of the mindset to let them fight over the QBs and trade back a few spots--add a TE, DB, and draft a QB later.  Hooker (everyone says he is a system QB, and that is part of it--but the defense was game planning vs. that system too) or Hall or Tune later might turn out to be the best investment. We really need a TE--Darnold, Baker needed a TE.  It does so much to the defense when you have to put a DB on a TE and shadow the QB.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

There’s a three first round difference between Corral and Stroud. And I liked Corral a lot, but Stroud is that good.  Stroud’s throws, decision making, development, everything is way ahead of Corral whether you’re comparing college performance or the limited amount we saw in preseason.  I’ve watched all of the full snap count videos I could find on both (as well as every other prospect for the past few years) and Stroud is just incomparable. Absolutely worth three firsts. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I can easily watch tape and see a difference between Stroud, Young and Corral.. Not to mention their tape has a lot more games played because they aren’t injury prone like Corral is..

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I can easily watch tape and see a difference between Stroud, Young and Corral.. Not to mention their tape has a lot more games played because they aren’t injury prone like Corral is..

poo on it all you want but if you can’t see the difference between Stroud, Young vs Corral.. Then honestly I don’t know what film or video your watching.. 

1. Productions isn’t even close

2. both played in a more pro systems then Corral..

3. Both are more accurate and throw with more anticipation..

4. Both make more plays off script then Corral ever did.. 

it’s not even close…

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1. Stroud or young whatever you have to give up..

2. Trade less assets to 5 and get Levis

3. Stay and wait on Richardson sign a vet bridge

4. Trade 9 for Fields

5. Get Hooker in the second round sign vet bridge

6. Resign Sam and work on Corral

Biased against Corral. That’s fine but at least be honest. 

How many games did he miss in college because of injury?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1