• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich: "It will be a Base 3-4 Scheme"

Bear Hands

39 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Rhule transitioned DB to uptackle last year. DB brought that up before the season started. He mentioned that he lost weight to play the role and that he would do whatever was asked of him. 

I dont think Brown's size and skillset really limits him from playing the NT role. Aaron Donald plays that role... I dont know why DB couldnt. Not saying their outputs are the same, but their playstyle is the same. They are about being quick and add finesse the DT position as opposed to just bull rush play after play.

I'd much rather put Brown at one of the end spots and look outside for a true nose tackle.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, MtnJax said:

Based on what Jordan Rodrigue said on the pod with Julian Council, she thinks we would a “power rusher” opposite Burns since he’s more of a pure speed rusher. Barno probably backs Burns up in that role

clowney enters the chat......

maybe able to finally get hi on the cheap and hes a elite run defender in 3-4. 

hmmm...

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would assume but I don't know. I honestly think he could play either DE or NT in a 3-4. I'm curious about his role because it think we're probably going to want him to lose or gain 20 pounds or so depending on which way we want to go with him. You don't see many 320 pound 3-4 DEs or NTs. 300 at DE or 340 at NT seems more fitting.

I don't think it's that black and white.  If we're to take a look at the Broncos' roster last year (since Evero is our DC now), they played D.J. Jones at NT who is listed at 305 pounds.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don't think it's that black and white.  If we're to take a look at the Broncos' roster last year (since Evero is our DC now), they played D.J. Jones at NT who is listed at 305 pounds.

Yeah, that's considerably lighter than Brown has played probably since high school. That's my point.

6 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Brandon Smith is going to be the ideal ILB for us. 6'4 240 and he has wheels while being a big boy.

Well he always has had the wheels and athleticism but lacked the instincts big time.  Hopefully great coaching can bring out his best.

I trust this coaching staff to make the right calls here…

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Edited by Shocker

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well he always has had the wheels and athleticism but lacked the instincts big time.  Hopefully great coaching can bring out his best.

I trust this coaching staff to make the right calls here…

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

His biggest issue in college was his tackling technique. He depended on his arm strength too often. The other piece was he was unable to shed blocks very well. All coachable.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

His biggest issue in college was his tackling technique. He depended on his arm strength too often. The other piece was he was unable to shed blocks very well. All coachable.

True…the guy has all the tools physically.  I am very hopeful and honestly he will be given a great opportunity as we need him

Edited by Shocker