• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent chatter

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

One can only hope.  I wish they would magically find a way the flip Ian Thomas for a draft pick. I know, but it's my world and I make the rules. 

Nah, we are on the hook for that one.  The best result is designate Ian a June 1 cut.  In that scenario, we roughly break even this this year, but save cap space in 2024.

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

I don’t think we release Elflein until we ink a deal with the White Rhino. 

Even then, we have very little IOL depth, especially considering the injuries to Corbett and Christensen. 

If we re-sign Bozeamn, we are looking strictly at depth and that can be had cheap.  Mays can fill in at RG until Corbett returns.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If we re-sign Bozeamn, we are looking strictly at depth and that can be had cheap.  Mays can fill in at RG until Corbett returns.

Maybe Campen feels good about Mays. I think it’s iffy that he’d be better than Elf to start next season. 

We should know by March 19th when Elflein is due a $1.26mil roster bonus. In any event, I think he’d have some trade value so I wouldn’t release him. The acquiring team would be getting a low end starting caliber center for ~$4.2mil. If Daley pulled a 5th round pick, I’d think we could do better for Elf. 

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

One can only hope.  I wish they would magically find a way the flip Ian Thomas for a draft pick. I know, but it's my world and I make the rules. 

We may......a 9th rounder from the St. Louis Cardinals, Baltimore Colts, or Houston Oilers. 

• Beer 1