• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

‘Draft Qb. Panthers can own the South’ Dan O.

raleigh-panther

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Don't watch ESPN.  Surprised anyone does honestly. 

I enjoy college basketball and I sometimes watch college football.  So I watch the actual games on ESPN.  But I avoid the sports news shows completely.  And I rarely go to the website unless its to get some stats.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I enjoy college basketball and I sometimes watch college football.  So I watch the actual games on ESPN.  But I avoid the sports news shows completely.  And I rarely go to the website unless its to get some stats.

I gave up watching college basketball and football almost completely.  I will watch a football game or two if they are on another network occasionally. I have blocked all those ESPN networks on my YouTube TV subscriptions because they were not worth tuning in to.  I couldn't tell you what is on those networks anymore. 

Whenever anyone says that a team is on the verge of a decade of dominance, I always shake my head and wonder if they even follow the NFL.

Sure it happens where a team goes on a long run of uninterrupted high-level success, but those are anomalies. Far more common is an up and down cycle without year after year of consistent winning.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, run-run-pass-punt said:

Whenever anyone says that a team is on the verge of a decade of dominance, I always shake my head and wonder if they even follow the NFL.

Sure it happens where a team goes on a long run of uninterrupted high-level success, but those are anomalies. Far more common is an up and down cycle without year after year of consistent winning.

He was referencing just the NFC South…of course things change but if the coaches and GM do their job, given the state of the saints and Bucs, it’s pretty much Panthers and Falcons in his opinion 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

He was referencing just the NFC South…of course things change but if the coaches and GM do their job, given the state of the saints and Bucs, it’s pretty much Panthers and Falcons in his opinion 

Counting on the falcons or the panthers to win is a fools errand.

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I was thinking the same thing.  A lot can and does happen in a decade, whether it be against the entire league, the division, or even just an single divisional rival. 

Even teams that go on extended runs have to retool or constantly turn over roster spaces and starters to achieve that, so the team in year ten looks very little like the team in year one.  It is a constant chore, not something that you assemble a roster and declare victory for a decade.

Unless you are sensationalizing something.........nah, ESPN would never do that.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

It would be glorious though to have a Patriots like run where we were consistent and everyone else was in turmoil for 10-15yrs!

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I gave up watching college basketball and football almost completely.  I will watch a football game or two if they are on another network occasionally. I have blocked all those ESPN networks on my YouTube TV subscriptions because they were not worth tuning in to.  I couldn't tell you what is on those networks anymore. 

I still love College bball.  In fact, I am going to a live game tonight.  For me, its on par with the panther games as far as my interest.  

But I certainly understand dislike towards ESPN.  IMO, they have damaged sports in many ways.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, NorthTryon said:

It would be glorious though to have a Patriots like run where we were consistent and everyone else was in turmoil for 10-15yrs!

I think every team dreams of that kind if dominance.  Even the Patriots are trying to figure out how to get back to that form. But as they've found out you have to find the next Tom Brady to pull it off.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think every team dreams of that kind if dominance.  Even the Patriots are trying to figure out how to get back to that form. But as they've found out you have to find the next Tom Brady to pull it off.

But as good as Brady was, they had years of the Dolphins not caring about winning, the Bills sucking hind teat, and the Jets had two decent years. It was basically 6-0 in conference no matter what. I do see the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons are all in rebuild mode. The thing about them is all of them are going to have their current coaches pull them further in the gutter and things will get worse before it gets better. 

• Pie 1