• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have a feeling...

Proudiddy

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we both traded up to draft a QB AND signed Derek Carr. I definitely think those two scenarios are either or.

That's the sense I got listening to Fitterer.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If any trading up occurs, it won’t happen until after all of the interviews and combine results are in. So potentially Saturday night at the earliest. Iirc these things happen before the pro days and not during the combine.

My thought with trades like that is the later, the better.

If you make the trade too early, you risk somebody else trading up ahead of you for the guy you want.

If the price to trade up isn’t worth it I can see us going Hooker and signing Carr. I feel bad that Corral hasn’t gotten a fair shot but we have a chance to win the NFCS now and every year going forward for the foreseeable future. fug it jump on the opportunity now. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would be absolutely shocked if we both traded up to draft a QB AND signed Derek Carr. I definitely think those two scenarios are either or.

Agree. If we sign Carr, I would more expect to do something like draft Hooker in the 2nd round. 

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's fun reading posts saying let's build around Carr and give him weapons. Like he had nobody last year 🤣

Was really surprised how ineffective the Raiders offense was last year with all the weapons they had they should of at least made the Wild Card. Is that a symptom of Carr regression or McDaniels being a terrible HC? Both? Either/or?

I still don’t really understand the notion Carr is going to commit anywhere for a prove it deal or anything short of a long term commitment at a pretty hefty salary. There aren’t enough QBs to go around as it is, he’s going to have options and he’s old enough to prefer stability to upside.

If we sign Carr we aren’t going to be able to get out of him quick enough to use this QB of the future. We probably still draft a QB but not till later.

Just now, Toker Smurf said:

Agree. If we sign Carr, I would more expect to do something like draft Hooker in the 2nd round. 

Only problem I have with Hooker is if we sign Carr to a 3-4 year deal Hooker will be 1 to 2 years removed from 30 if he even ever starts. 

Hooker is old for a rookie and I have a feeling any team who signs him will likely try to see if he can start year one, possibly.