• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much is too much to trade?

ncfan

5 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The confirmation wasnt for you, it was for me - You stated he was a dick from your observations and I was looking for examples. Since it was a vibe, then there is nothing we can take away from this. Indeed, let's move on. 

So I looked into this more, and I was 100% right when I said I might be wrong.  Seems like a good guy and was popular with his teammates.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The scrutiny is puzzling to me.

Point 1- Around "average when put on a radar gun" See below:

Point 2: Seems like a dick: The first thing he does is compliment the players that came out for the workout, thanks them and talks about how he hopes good things for them. Then he talks about how great Sam Burrow is and what he wants to work on to improve.

https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyFootball/videos/will-levis-nfl-combine-workout-interview/926408235016210/

Meanwhile, AR (Who I really like) comes out and says he has a better arm than when Cam Newton came out.....

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

It’s pretty easy to piece that puzzle together, lol. 

The other half just ride the wave of what everyone else is saying and doing to make themselves seem like they know what they’re talking about.

Unless we have an absolute 100% in place plan of how to develop "our guy", then the price Chicago is asking is too high. You don't give up those type of resources unless you have a massive development plan in place. No tossing a guy out there and seeing what sticks aka Justin Fields. We have the braintrust to get it done. Whether there is a guy they think can get there remains to be seen. 

13 hours ago, ncfan said:

We really using a 5-6 game stretch of Purdy with a near perfect roster as gospel not to trade up for a QB?

There is a rational argument to not trade up but this ain’t it.  If Fitt and Reich say that the cost was too much and they don’t have confidence in the guy(s) available so be it.  But dumpster diving for a Franchise QB is probably not the best strategy.  

I'm fine with the 2 1sts to get the #3, but I am not fine with 3 1sts to get to #1. Part of the allure of the Rookie QB is the contract. If you are missing too many first rounders on cheap contracts you essentially nullify that benefit due to the extra impact FA you have to sign.

The downside is that you can ONLY trade up to #3 on draft day IMO. If you trade early the Colts jump you and now you have traded an extra 1st to get AR who won't be ready to start until 2024 at the earliest. Either Levis or AR will be there at pick 9 (possibly both if the Raiders get a vet QB).

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 1

Swapping firsts, a second rounder and Burns would be a package I’d like to see. But I know that will likely need a 24/25 first in there. For #1…that’s the max I’d pay.

If only our FO were smart enough to trade burns that’d be more firsts than any other team and wouldn’t break the bank. Just have to hope the Bears love Burns…but unlikely they love him as much as the rams.

Edited by onmyown