• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2023 Draft general

Verge

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

No offense but those QB rankings for the last two years are an atrocious attempt at being edgy. It's like you know what the actual rankings should be but instead list them in a way that will cause response.

Second of all, I don't remember you ever having an draft insight or free agency scoops. All I remember is you acting like you knew something about us landing Deshaun and saying "any day now" over and over.

I will play insider too, we're trading up for Stroud. Spoiler alert. Sorry. It's a done deal. Make sure to tune in next year for more insider info.

1. I spend literally hours scouting these guys and come away with my own opinions. It is literally my job to do so and I have a few years of experience doing so. I have hits and misses just like everyone else. 

2. How long have you been around? I have been doing this since 2012. I was pretty on point with most of the Watson stuff idk. Obviously we didn't ultimately land him but it's not like we weren't in the race until the last minute. If Tepper gave him that guaranteed money that Cleveland did he would be a Panther. 

• Pie 2

18 hours ago, ncfan said:

That isn’t the Panthers is it.  Because I know one of the guys at the draftnetwork mentioned he heard around there early in the week that the Panthers really liked Levis.

Lol no it is not 

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

1. I will talk to my Houston beat writer and dig more into it, but they seem like a Stroud team
2. I think teams are mixed on him. There is a lot of risk in a 25 year old coming off a major injury from a gimmick offense, but he clearly has a nice skill set. I think he will ultimately go in the third. 
3. I think that is a real possibility

Let’s say colts move to one and we Move to three: Colts take young, Texans take stroud, who do you think we would take? 

Just now, Icege said:

If you had to compile these two lists (strictly based on how you view(ed) them as prospects, not considering the rookie seasons for those drafted last season), how would you arrange the 10 QBs listed in the OP?

I did an article on this actually! It went back two years. Hasn't been published yet but I believe it was 

1. Lawrence
2. Young 
3. Stroud
4. Richardson
5. Wilson 
6. Fields 
7. Lance 
8. Jones 
9. Pickett 

I flip flop on Stroud and Richardson a lot. It is a continuous development. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Verge said:

I did an article on this actually! It went back two years. Hasn't been published yet but I believe it was 

1. Lawrence
2. Young 
3. Stroud
4. Richardson
5. Wilson 
6. Fields 
7. Lance 
8. Jones 
9. Pickett 

I flip flop on Stroud and Richardson a lot. It is a continuous development. 

Make sure you share that one on the main board when it does publish! I'll make sure to have some popcorn ready considering how some of the crowd might react. 😂

Edited by Icege

21 hours ago, rayzor said:

Seems like everyone is setting in on those three as the top ones, but far from a consensus on the order. 

Levis seems like he's on a downward slide, though. It might just be my imagination, but I could see him taking a Brady Quinn size slide.

I can see Young being left in the green room on Draft night. He's just so damn small.

45 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I can see Young being left in the green room on Draft night. He's just so damn small.

Ive listened to a few post combine pods with guys that were there and all of them said they were still surprised at how small he is.   Its nuts and like the pff guys said, he may be elusive in the pocket but at some point a guy like Matt Milano or whoever is going to get their hands on you or get a direct clean shot. 

@Verge

I Keep coming back to that video of McCown breaking down film of CJ Stroud with Josh Norris.  And he really seemed to like him at that point.

what is the likelihood he falls to 3?  Or you think we would need to get to 1 if we wanted him as he could go before pick 3

Edited by ncfan

13 minutes ago, ncfan said:

@Verge

I Keep coming back to that video of McCown breaking down film of CJ Stroud with Josh Norris.  And he really seemed to like him at that point.

what is the likelihood he falls to 3?  Or you think we would need to get to 1 if we wanted him as he could go before pick 3

I agree. As a contrast, in the video of Levis, it looked like he was trying his best to not trash him. But him and Norris couldn’t hold back a couple of times.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

@Verge

I don't get the sense the Texans would pass on him for Richardson, so I guess it ultimately depends who it taken number one.

Young is just too good at playing QB to last long on the board. Yeah, his small stature definitely raises questions about how long he'll last on the field and watching Tua get ragdolled around last year should still be fresh on everyone's mind. But still, someone is gonna take their chances high on draft night. Hell, it might be us.

• Pie 1