• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Us, Indy, Texans?

People are sleeping on the Raiders and Falcons.  Assuming Rodgers goes back to Green Bay, that leaves the Jets, Saints, Raiders and Falcons vying for Carr and Jimmy G.  Two teams looking at the veteran route is going to have to go rookie QB unless settling on a 3rd tier veteran.  I can't see either the Jets, Raiders or Saints going that route, possibly the Falcons.

Edited by 45catfan

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Doesn't seem too likely.

I know fans love the idea of being bold and trading up to #1, but being smart is more important than being bold.

‘Fortune favors the bold’  Terence

or 

‘Fortune favors the brave’. Virgil 

or as I feel about the Panthers in my years of following them ‘keep doing what you’ve always done and you will get what you’ve always got.

if this supposed ‘ all star ‘ coaching staff has the conviction that one of these players will excel, for 10 years, then just do it.   There are many ways to recover from the loss of those 1s.

23 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Atlanta is the reason I can't buy into the discussions about "we will dominate this division for the next ten years."  I'm not bullish on Tampa or the Saints (their bar tab is due), but the Falcons are about a year behind us in the rebuilding/retooling process, and they did not spend two seasons and three offseasons with a buffoon running the show.

But, the Bears will tell us we are their #1 pick away from dominating the division until the end of time.  They will tell the Falcons or Saints the exact same thing.  They'd probably tell the Texans that, too.

Tampa is one year out from full rebuild

Saints are in perpetual win now mode with the check coming due shortly with little draft capital

Falcons have some nice pieces on its roster and good coaching but like us not sure what to do about the qb situation.

I think its a race between us and the falcons to get this sorted out

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

‘Fortune favors the bold’  Terence

or 

‘Fortune favors the brave’. Virgil 

or as I feel about the Panthers in my years of following them ‘keep doing what you’ve always done and you will get what you’ve always got.

if this supposed ‘ all star ‘ coaching staff has the conviction that one of these players will excel, for 10 years, then just do it.   There are many ways to recover from the loss of those 1s.

"Rashness is the characteristic of youth, prudence that of mellowed age and discretion the better part of valor."

- VinCENT, paraphrasing Cicero and Shakespeare

The problem in this thinking is confusing process and person. How you acquire a player is nowhere near as important as how good that player is.

It's the same as when Frank Reich said of Ejiro Evero, "I'm hiring a man, not a system."

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Rashness is the characteristic of youth, prudence that of mellowed age and discretion the better part of valor."

- VinCENT, paraphrasing Cicero and Shakespeare

The problem in this thinking is confusing process and person. How you acquire a player is nowhere near as important as how good that player is.

It's the same as when Frank Reich said of Ejiro Evero, "I'm hiring a man, not a system."

I believe I’ve stated  many times ‘if the staff believes ….’  There is nothing youthful about Reich, Fitterer, Caldwell.   McCown 

that is the key   

If they want the person, go get the person.   Period 

there are ways to work around lost draft picks 

besides, if Fitterer is the GM some think he is, no problem. I dont share that view. We shall see 

Edited by raleigh-panther

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

I believe I’ve stated  many times ‘if the staff believes ….’  There is nothing youthful about Reich, Fitterer, Caldwell.   Mcknown 

that is the key   

If they want the person, go get the person.   Period 

there are ways to work around lost draft picks 

besides, if Fitterer is the GM some think he is, no problem. I dont share that view. We shall see 

I don't doubt that we're willing to trade up. I'm not convinced that we feel we have to trade up to #1.

Word it is that we like three guys (Richardson being the odd man out per Person) so a trade up to #5 or #3 at the highest would be sufficient.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't doubt that we're willing to trade up. I'm not convinced that we feel we have to trade up to #1.

Word it is that we like three guys (Richardson being the odd man out per Person) so a trade up to #5 or #3 at the highest would be sufficient.

But I’m sure we like one more than the others. If so, don’t sit idle and let the first two go only to realize another team outbids you for the final one and you come away with option 2 or 3. Give this coaching staff the exact guy they want. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

But I’m sure we like one more than the others. If so, don’t sit idle and let the first two go only to realize another team outbids you for the final one and you come away with option 2 or 3. Give this coaching staff the exact guy they want. 

If you like any of them, why give up more than you have to?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you like any of them, why give up more than you have to?

I don’t believe for a moment this coaching staff can’t come to a conclusion about who they like the most. As a franchise we have settled too many times and it never works out. It’s time to be bold and go get our guy. 

• Pie 1