• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

They have the 10th pick in the draft?

• Round 1, Pick 29 (from DEN via MIA and SF)
  • Round 2, Pick 40 overall
  • Round 3, Pick 71 overall
  • Round 4, Pick 115 overall
  • Round 5, Pick 148 overall
  • Round 5, Pick 167 overall
  • Round 7, Pick 229 overall
  • Round 7, Pick 260 overall (projected compensatory pick)

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean, they've got Kamara and Olave, and Thomas if he ever gets back to playing again.  Thats not nothing...

Kamara just got indicted and probably going to serve a suspension for jumping a guy in Vegas on Tape!!! Plus he has declined.. They are going to cut Thomas because they can’t pay him 20 mil this season.. This team is trying to avoid a free fall that is coming regardless..

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Saints refusal to blow it up and go for a rebuild is hilarious to me

The only thing about blowing it up is the entire NFCS is blown up right now. They could blow it all to hell and still win the division and still fug themselves. This is much more entertaining. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Yeah he is but now that cap manipulation is with 35 year old players contracts not 26 to 30 year old players contracts.. They are extending contracts of players close to retirement age.. They can’t make big moves in Fa and will have to cut players just to sign their draft class.. This will be epic when it fails..

Lol, if there is one thing I've heard for the last decade plus about the saints its this bullshit every offseason and ppl still dont take the time to understand how the cap works.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

Falcons go and get Lamar next and then we are left holding the bag.

That just might work for them.. That could be a problem for us.. He’s a young MVP talented QB and they have a lot of young weapons.. Now it will hurt them building a defense but they are young and a year behind us on their rebuild

Good for Carr, but I'm honestly not worried about the Saints. 

Their coach is ass, they have to cut some good players to even sign Carr, Kamara will be suspended for at least a few games next season, and they can't fill in the rest of the holes with actual good talent thanks to their kick the can down the road mantra. 

This fanbase and the NFL as a whole seem to be sleeping on the Falcons next season. Arthur Smith is a legitimately good coach, they took the hit last season to clean up their cap and are in a great position moving forward to fill out their roster with good talent. They also have the ammo to move up and get a QB if they don't believe in Ridder. 

If we land a starting caliber QB in the draft this year, it will be between us and Atlanta for the division moving forward. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Guess who disagrees with you? The Panthers brass. We were interested in Carr for a reason.

He's a good QB with ball security issues that has proven repeatedly he can take a team down the field in the 4th quarter and win it. His defense in Vegas blew almost his entire time there. He's not a Mahomes, Hurts, or Burrow, but put enough offensive weapons around him and I think he can get it done. Hell, T2G had 4k yards passing because his WRs went off after the catch. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He's a good QB with ball security issues that has proven repeatedly he can take a team down the field in the 4th quarter and win it. His defense in Vegas blew almost his entire time there. He's not a Mahomes, Hurts, or Burrow, but put enough offensive weapons around him and I think he can get it done. Hell, T2G had 4k yards passing because his WRs went off after the catch. 

Yeah, I'm not trying to act like Derek Carr is a HOFer or anything, but as of right now he stands head and shoulders as the best QB in the NFC South.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1