• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Quarterback's.

mickeye76

The first domino has fallen. Derek Carr is a Saint. What's next?  I'm thinking Lamar Jackson becomes a Falcon. Atl will pay him big bucks and give up two firsts. One of which will be this years 8th overall.  The Ravens trade down to add another future 1st from the team moving up.  

That leaves the Buccs with Kyle Trask and nobody else. They are the wildcard. Maybe they like him and are set except for a backup vet.  

Then there is us.  We are far behind if LJ and DC show up.  We have Corrall and that's it.  Our option is either trade into top 5 or take a flyer on a Hooker or tanner McKee.  Ouch.  I like Hendon and McKee but that is a big drop off in talent from Carr and Jackson. Do we kick the can down the road and wait till 2024 for rookie? Do we resign Darnold and a Jacoby Brissett to fill the QB room?  Exciting off-season this year. I think we go all in on a guy.  I just wonder who it will be.  

• Pie 1

I think:

Falcons roll with Ridder this year, not wanting to pay the price to get a QB in the draft or Jackson. And I think it's a smart move for the longer term, even though he's not their answer, then they re-evaluate next offseason

Bucs bring Jameis back to compete with Trask, essentially just rebuilding and tanking for a QB next year

We trade up and get Stroud, hopefully solving our QB problem for the next decade +

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

I think:

Falcons roll with Ridder this year, not wanting to pay the price to get a QB in the draft or Jackson. And I think it's a smart move for the longer term, even though he's not their answer, then they re-evaluate next offseason

Bucs bring Jameis back to compete with Trask, essentially just rebuilding and tanking for a QB next year

We trade up and get Stroud, hopefully solving our QB problem for the next decade +

All the way up to number 1?  Stround does look smooth.  High ceiling low floor. AR obviously the high ceiling guy but is gonna need time.  Levis also has a high ceiling but has bust potential. I like young myself but I get the size issues. That said a prime time player. So maybe that 3rd pick is our best bet and hope young or Stround are still on the board.  Dark horse candidate Jaren Hall.  Instead of going all in we add a young guy to compete with Corrall and develop the winner of that competition.  Or the Bailey Zappe small school type Tyson Bagent is also smooth like Stround.  No clue.  I have a feeling I'm gonna have to learn to love Will Levis even though he seems like a tool. 

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

We could be back at the bottom again, regretting our owners decisions, again

But people talk about the Riech hiring like it automatically comes with superbowl rings

I get the optimism , I really do, but 25 years of mediocrity and failure has made me a realist 

Realist or not I'm making no knee jerk reactions. Ever the optimist I think we have a winning staff and a decent roster. I just hope to improve that roster in FA and the upcoming draft enough to make believers of the "realist" amongst us. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

We could be back at the bottom again, regretting our owners decisions, again

But people talk about the Riech hiring like it automatically comes with superbowl rings

I get the optimism , I really do, but 25 years of mediocrity and failure has made me a realist 

Im looking at it like Reich has a little more sense than to do some of things the desperate qb people are saying he will do.Thats what I am trusting, the man's commonsense.

Edited by heel31ok
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I get the Lamar to the Falcons rumors.

I still think there will be a sleeper team for him. Im hearing rumors Washington is the team to watch for Lamar.

Hurney's going to go down to Florida and sample some of Lamar's moms cooking and show the Ravens how to get a deal done. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1