• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Not sure what the advantage is to leaking this if you haven’t secured a top spot in the draft

At some point when you’re just bidding against yourself and already have offered up 400 picks to move up to 1 you might wanna be able to say “maybe we’ll check in with Lamar” before offering pick 401

Seems odd right? 

24 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He doesn't get it man. 

Mr. Scot why are you using your alt accounts?

I know this is you because you have used that same response with me since I joined this sub. Don't use your alt and think I don't notice this is you.

Be yourself.

3 minutes ago, jtm said:

I disagree . . . you can't force a player to sign a contract and you can't force them to play.  Try that and watch Lamar throw 10 interceptions the first game of the year.  

Yeah, that argument's been made before.

Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, dude. The franchise tag is in place for a reason. Players can try holding out but odds of success are very slim.

Doesn't matter either way since we're not pursuing him.

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Don't remember exactly, but didn't Cam want a guaranteed contract after his last shoulder injury? I seem to remember something about that and then letting him play out the one year remaining. I tried to find it but didn't have any luck. 

Yeah, he did.

This is the best move for the Ravens and a nightmare for Lamar. they're making him put his entire reputation leaguewide on his performance next season. if he balls out, he gets paid but loses another year of his prime on a ticking timebomb. if he gets hurt again, he's not getting an offer like the ones he's turned down from the Ravens to this point. 

Vick was pretty much done as an impact player after his 30 YO season. Cam was done after 29. McNabb's mobility was highly compromised after his 28 YO season. McNair didn't have another 200 yard rushing season after 29 after rushing for 440 that season. So with that in mind, you have a similar style player here that wants more than 5 years at $50 million after turning that down. He has 2.5-3.5 seasons as a game changing QB remaining based on historic comps. He has 1 Wild Card round playoff victory and 3 losses. 

48 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We don't have to offer him the fully guaranteed contract.

Why do you guys keep saying this. That's what his agent is saying to keep the price high. Doesn't mean he's not going to take a deal with lesser guaranteed money.

Offer him 190 mil guaranteed. That's much more than what the Ravens offered him 133 mil guaranteed. Don't overthink this people. Lamar is not saying pay me Watson or I won't play. He's saying give me something close to that.

What agent? He has none

The ravens are offering more upfront guarantee than any player in nfl history 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that argument's been made before.

Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, dude. The franchise tag is in place for a reason. Players can try holding out but odds of success are very slim.

Doesn't matter either way since we're not pursuing him.

I'm pretty sure there's language in there that doesn't allow a player to sit out if his team matches the offer. That would be negotiating in bad faith. I would think the Ravens and NFLPA would be able to eat him alive for it.