• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

3 hours ago, Varking said:

Richardson went through reads. That wasn’t the issue. Jack Miller lead the Gators to 3 points in Richardsons absence.  The next QB SHOULD post better stats than Richardson. He’s a fifth year senior. 

No he didn’t, Napier offense is mostly one read and go. Out of all the passing snaps in a game maybe 10% are multiple reads. Jack Miller was the third string QB and no if Richardson was good as they claim his numbers shouldn’t be better than him. Do you believe the next Alabama QB will have better numbers than Young?

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im done with you man. Wish you well in your future endeavors. 

It is totally fine to want Lamar. Different opinions make this board more interesting. Where it goes sideways is where every topic discusses Lamar. That’s what people get tired of. For example, this is a Will Levis thread.

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

It is totally fine to want Lamar. Different opinions make this board more interesting. Where it goes sideways is where every topic discusses Lamar. That’s what people get tired of. For example, this is a Will Levis thread.

Understood but I don't discuss him every topic. It's just certain people mostly comment on my Lamar responses and it's the same 3 people for the most part. 

I discuss other QB's every day.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

No he didn’t, Napier offense is mostly one read and go. Out of all the passing snaps in a game maybe 10% are multiple reads. Jack Miller was the third string QB and no if Richardson was good as they claim his numbers shouldn’t be better than him. Do you believe the next Alabama QB will have better numbers than Young?

How is this one read and go?

• Beer 2

35 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Richardson playing in a one read and go? I take it you didn’t actually watch Florida play.

When he feels an opening or doesn’t have a clear picture, he’ll take off, but when he drops back, he makes a concerted effort to exhaust his reads and stay in the pocket.

https://theathletic.com/4271011/2023/03/07/nfl-draft-anthony-richardson-will-levis-risk/?amp=1

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Richardson playing in a one read and go? I take it you didn’t actually watch Florida play.

When he feels an opening or doesn’t have a clear picture, he’ll take off, but when he drops back, he makes a concerted effort to exhaust his reads and stay in the pocket.

https://theathletic.com/4271011/2023/03/07/nfl-draft-anthony-richardson-will-levis-risk/?amp=1

It's actually his best trait. He maneuvers so well in the pocket keeping his eyes downfield under heavy pressure.

The game I linked has him missing receivers left and right from poor mechanics, but it shows him standing tall the entire game going through his reads.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

How is this one read and go?

Yeah I don't get that criticism in general. He scans the field regularly in most film I've watched. Who knows what the progressions are or rpo/play action responsibilities but he's usually not obviously staring down his eventual target the whole time

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Jack Miller was only third string because he was hurt all year. Miller got us 3 points on a last second field goal. Stop. You’re just typing to type if you think Richardson just stays locked on to read 1 on 90% of his plays. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

Jack Miller was only third string because he was hurt all year. Miller got us 3 points on a last second field goal. Stop. You’re just typing to type if you think Richardson just stays locked on to read 1 on 90% of his plays. 

So he was third string….

Is the performance of a third string QB on a 2 weeks notice with multiple starters sitting out a meaningless bowl game supposed to be in indicator on how good Richardson is? btw he had a higher comp% and passer rating than Richardson 

Again is the next Alabama QB gonna out perform Bryce Young??

Edited by GoobyPls

15 hours ago, GOAT said:

I've debated making this thread because it can go a few different directions, directions I'm really not trying to steer this conversation to.

Also, if I've learned anything about discussing opinions on the internet - it's that you're never going to change someone's mind.

Levis has been a top QB prospect since last season. 

Our owner is enamored by him.

Reports indicate that Levis is one of our top rated QB's.

Levis looked the part and threw very well at the combine.

Levis has been in an NFL style offense for the last two seasons.

His first coach went on to be the Rams OC, and he adjusted to working with another pro style play caller but with obviously diminished numbers.

Levis has no 5 stars running round him. No offensive line. Think of the Panthers offense while Cam was here, in college form. That's the Wildcat's.

Is he raw? Yeah, he definitely can use some coaching. He can definitely use some weapons, and definitely could use a line. The basics.

I believe with the right staff / situation, Levis will flourish and have the best pro career out of all of these QB's.

Now, where the fug is all this hate towards him coming from?

I'm seeing it everywhere, here, twitter, any comment section.

"Dude is trash"

"If the Panthers draft Levis I'm done"

People ranking prospects like AR above him. AR is a huge project too with inconsistent tape, playing with a way better supporting cast. Okay, he ran fast and jumped high at the combine. Why does this catapult him over Levis? Levis reminds me of Josh Allen, both his college tape and the pre-draft hate he's receiving. 

What is causing this baseless hate? Might want to start actually watching this guys tape rather than hating on him for whatever weird reason, or because you have some draft crush on another prospect like AR, or because he puts mayo in his coffee.

Levis might very well be the Panthers next QB, and like I said above - with this staff? Best possible scenario all around.

oc mayonnaise GIF

It's because ripp was in the OFFICIAL WILL LEVIS BANDWAGON since last season.

Their irrational hate comes from not being able to pick QBs to get themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Zach Wilson, Baker Baker Baker, you know who you are! Lol.

Although me and Payton Manning were on the bandwagon long ago, I see how Levis could beat out my boy if they put them side by side. Two versions of the same. One is just a inch and almost 20lbs bigger and a equally good runner.

I'd keep both and let them compete in camp the old fashioned way. If one gets hurt we've got a damn good spare, yeah let's do THAT IF Levis is the Panthers dark horse ripp approved and verified USDA beef QB stamped 2023.

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

I did have Levis as a late first rounder last year so maybe he's even better than I thought...

Here y'all go...

John Travolta Kiss GIF

All these bullsh*t stories about Young Lion, no problem if they're going after Levi's, another ripp approved draft pick, but AGAIN, LIKE CAM, CORRAL HAS ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE UNTIL YOU PUT HIM OUT ON THE FIELD.

Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé

Don't make old mistakes for the second and third time. The Bears would have given us almost anything for Cam at the time had he played in camp.

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

So he was third string….

Is the performance of a third string QB on a 2 weeks notice with multiple starters sitting out a meaningless bowl game supposed to be in indicator on how good Richardson is? btw he had a higher comp% and passer rating than Richardson 

Again is the next Alabama QB gonna out perform Bryce Young??

Bryce couldn’t touch the season Mac Jones had at Bama but who is a better pro prospect? One was mid first round and the other might be the top pick in the draft. Jones was so efficient he had a Tua/Burrow type year. I think he set the record. 

Stop being a stats guy and watch the games. You know nothing about Florida football or the situation the team performed under this past season. Our “third string” was to compete with Richardson for the e starting job. He was a 4+ star recruit from OSU but he got hurt early on before the season started. If Richardson went down long term he was going to start. The fear of having no depth behind Richardson while Miller healed is what caused us to stop running Richardson. We couldn’t risk both of them being hurt. 

The bowl game was his chance to show he can be the man next year and we don’t need to hit the portal for a QB. We played so poorly on offense we got bood for kicking a field goal to end the game. He played so poorly we hit the transfer portal for a guy who had worse stats than Richardson this year in a much easier conference. 

Don’t be a stats guy. Watch the games. And it’s clear from how you keep talking about Florida that you haven’t watched the games. 

• Pie 3