• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

21 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Stroud then Levis is my ranking for the number 1 and number 2 qbs in the draft.  Levis has great measurables, played against very stiff competition and brought success to a football program that by and large had been mediocre.  I think Levis has a high ceiling in the pro's.  He comes across as a bit of a douche in his press conferences which annoys me, but I would be excited to have a player like Levis.  My fear with Levis is his leadership.  He comes across as a cocky prima donna and I'm not sure how that will play out in the locker room if he is authentically that way.  It's possible he could just be trying to project confidence in lieu of the draft. Does Levis get to much hate? Absolutely.  I think it's more that he comes across as a douche then a bad player though.

Stroud has good physical intangibles, can make all the throws, and you can tell he possesses great leadership characteristics.  That's why he gets the number 1 nod for me. 

Bryce Young is just too small.  What happened with Tua scares me away from him.  At Alabama you have so much talent and protection around you that you can just display your fundamentals and your skills.  That's great.  In the NFL its different.  The QB has to elevate the team, there isn't always a talent advantage. Fundamentals and reads break down more often then not on any given play.  In these moments it's physical ability, creativity, and ingenuity that are the most important.  I would not look forward to holding my breath the first time Bryce Young gets his welcome to the NFL moment. Durability is the reason he is out for me.

This a lazy take on Bryce which indicates that u haven’t watched Bama this yr.

Bryce literally had the least talented Bama offense in yrs. His best weapon was a RB to throw to. U can’t give me 1 WR or TE who can be drafted in the 1st or even second round this year if they were draft eligible.

As far as taking hits, he took quite a bit the 2 yrs & was fine. Ppl also forget that QBs get protected like crazy in the NFL these days. More than college even.

Tua is an injury prone QB. In college, dude broke his hips. Ppl didn’t know whether he would ever play football again. Some players are just injury prone regardless of size or height (jimmy garappolo)

Bryce is head & shoulders above CJ, AR & WL. It doesn’t mean that the others can’t be successful in the NFL, but as prospects Bryce is highly superior today.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

It’s been a hell week at work and it’s my birthday. Haven’t Had a chance to really dive in. Plus I eat up a lot of space in these threads… need to give people a chance. Haha

I’ll be coming in hot next week while I’m off work all week.

Happy Birthday!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ivory Panther said:

This a lazy take on Bryce which indicates that u haven’t watched Bama this yr.

Bryce literally had the least talented Bama offense in yrs. His best weapon was a RB to throw to. U can’t give me 1 WR or TE who can be drafted in the 1st or even second round this year if they were draft eligible.

As far as taking hits, he took quite a bit the 2 yrs & was fine. Ppl also forget that QBs get protected like crazy in the NFL these days. More than college even.

Tua is an injury prone QB. In college, dude broke his hips. Ppl didn’t know whether he would ever play football again. Some players are just injury prone regardless of size or height (jimmy garappolo)

Bryce is head & shoulders above CJ, AR & WL. It doesn’t mean that the others can’t be successful in the NFL, but as prospects Bryce is highly superior today.

Yeah I just don't buy that.  Specifically if you look at Stroud's performance against Georgia I'm not sure how you could say that.  Conversely if you don't want to use Tua then use Kyler Murray.  When it comes to Levis.  Dude played at Kentucky.  Dynamic WR's and TE's aren't a thing there.  I would venture to say that Levis would have the same if not more success at Alabama then Young did. Levis elevated a middling program, while had a bad year by Alabama's standards with Young at the helm.  I'm not taking away from Young's skill, but his size is a flat out concern. 

Edited by TheMaulClaw

11 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Yeah I just don't buy that.  Specifically if you look at Stroud's performance against Georgia I'm not sure how you could say that.  Conversely if you don't want to use Tua then use Kyler Murray.  When it comes to Levis.  Dude played at Kentucky.  Dynamic WR's and TE's aren't a thing there.  I would venture to say that Levis would have the same if not more success at Alabama then Young did. Levis elevated a middling program, while had a bad year by Alabama's standards with Young at the helm.  I'm not taking away from Young's skill, but his size is a flat out concern. 

Kylers big injury was non contact, he missed 5 games total before that in 4 Seasons and most of those were from pulling his hamstring which isnt really a contact related injury generally. Doesnt really feel like his problems are really size related and he runs a lot more than Bryce would.

Most the small QBs i've looked at didnt really get hurt at some ridiculous rate either. Bryce generally doesnt run and is pretty effective at moving in the pocket to protect himself from big hits.

Size is a concern but it feels a tad overblown at times.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Sacks count as negative rushing yards in college. It's not like he can't run.

I think in 2021 he actually was pretty exciting when he decided to run the ball honestly, he definitely had a different gear when his foot wasnt hurt. Think he ran a little too reckless but thats his personality.

Just now, stan786 said:

I think in 2021 he actually was pretty exciting when he decided to run the ball honestly, he definitely had a different gear when his foot wasnt hurt. Think he ran a little too reckless but thats his personality.

The more I see about Levis the more I like. There's not a single QB aside from Stroud who doesn't come with one big question mark. 

Levis: decision-making
Young: size
Richardson: accuracy
Hooker: durability

It's why the draft is a crapshoot.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The more I see about Levis the more I like. There's not a single QB aside from Stroud who doesn't come with one big question mark. 

Levis: decision-making
Young: size
Richardson: accuracy
Hooker: durability

It's why the draft is a crapshoot.

I think Stroud even has one when handling pressure, i think toward the end of the year he improved with it and it definitely showed out in the Georgia game but a number of games you can see it and it can be concerning. I think our ascending Oline can be a nice boon for him though in terms of continuing to improve without being ruined. I do think he's the best fit for us.

I've become a lot more comfortable with Bryce's size and have him pretty planted as my no. 1 QB. I'm honestly a little more worried about his arm than I am his size but I think he's going to be a pain in the ass to defend in the NFL for a long time.

The longer I go the more I think it needs to just be one of those two. But i'm just firmly team QB so i'll learn to be happy with anyone we take.

26 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Sacks count as negative rushing yards in college. It's not like he can't run.

Of course he can run? He's very athletic. It's just that he makes such poor decisions, holds onto the ball for too long, and doesn't navigate the pocket well enough to elude pressure.

16 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

image.gif.25f51bdeaee127d7cb4ce15cc98c9110.gif

image.jpeg.da76a2ba6c08f036bfbe86b0c578ef6d.jpeg

He’s not as elite as AR is at running but he’s more athletic and faster than 80 percent of the QBs in the NFL. Maybe more. 

Yeah he was seriously limited last year by injuries. People who only started watching him then are seeing only a fraction of what he can do. It’s like two categories of top QBs in the draft.

Stroud/Young are polished passers who will have to learn to do more with less in the NFL. Young has been better at handling pressure, but size is a concern.

Levid/AR are needing some work as passers but have huge ceilings based on their raw athletic ability. Levis is the more polished passer with a higher floor while AR has the higher ceiling. 

Id be happy with any of them honestly.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Of course he can run? He's very athletic. It's just that he makes such poor decisions, holds onto the ball for too long, and doesn't navigate the pocket well enough to elude pressure.

The question is WHY is he holding the ball too long. Is he not reading the defense or is he dodging pressure or no one is getting separation or did the OC call a long developing play. That’s up to our staff to figure out.