• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're trolling right? Sources say Panthers open for business in trading down from #1

thunderraiden

Makes sense if they are equally happy with either Young or Stroud, and Texans are all in on one. I’m sure they have an idea what the Texans offered for #1. If they could trade back to 2 and pick up the Texans 2nd rd pick (33 overall) and still get their guy, that would be a coup. Essentially trading DJ Moore, 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, and moving up from 61 to 33 for the #2 overall. That would be pretty nuts.

I will say I do think Young is worth sticking at 1 and drafting. 

17 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

You have to be trolling me, right?

Yes, the Bears traded a bunch of picks because they knew the 49ers weren't keeping that pick, that they weren't taking a QB and knew they'd be trading the pick, so they HAD to make the trade to get the guy they wanted.  

The Texans aren't stupid, they know we didn't give up everything we just gave up to then trade back down to #4 and just take whichever QB is available to us at that point.  

Also you just have to look at the fact that the Texans didn't make the trade with the Bears, it means they weren't offering much to make the move, because if they did, the Bears would have taken that swap and then traded down again.

Which again brings me back to the super obvious point in all of this.... If we think the Texans want the player we want to draft, we'd never swap picks with them, while at the same time if the Texans don't think we're taking the player they want, they're not going to swap picks with us because there is no fear that we'll trade the pick to someone else who would then take their guy.

It's just common sense, A+B=C

Why do you understand da bears traded up one spot and not see that can happening to texans. Is it likely, hell no. 49ers were not drafting a QB, you do understand? They got the bears to believe some other team was trading up in order to pick mitch. Bears either believe or knew the package/GM/______ and choose to give up a whole bunch of picks in order to guarantee mitchy. Its simple looking back and for sure happened. 

All panthers have to do is convince the texans into believing they have a offer on the table for the young/ "choosen", *while at the same time not want to move back to 4 or 3rd. 

If you got the cross hairs on a player and the team in front calls and goes " Look I know you want to draft Frankie Tankon(its true and you are shocked), I got a legit offer to move back, but I dont want to.....would you send me a future 6th in order to solve this??" If you believe him and have the aim'd player is worth vastly worth more than future 6th, you do it.

Ravens finessed the browns just like the 49ers did bears. Its happened before. 1 pick moving and very early.   

If finesser knows the texans have young as their clear #1, a game can be played.....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

Just now, Basbear said:

Why do you understand why the bears traded one spot and not see that can happen to texans. Is it likely, hell no. 49ers were not drafting a QB, you do understand? They got the bears to believe some other team was trading up in order to pick mitch. Bears either believe or knew the package/GM/______ and choose to give up a whole bunch of picks in order to guarantee mitchy. Its simple looking back and for sure happened. 

All panthers have to do is convince the texans into believing they have a offer on the table for the young/ "choosen", *while at the same time not want to move back to 4 or 3rd. 

If you got the cross hairs on a player and the team in front calls and goes " Look I know you want to draft Frankie Tankon(its true and you are shocked), I got a legit offer to move back, but I dont want to.....would you send me a future 6th in order to solve this??" If you believe him and have the aim'd player is worth vastly worth more than future 6th, you do it.

Ravens finessed the browns just like the 49ers did bears. Its happened before. 1 pick moving and very early.   

If finesser knows the texans have young as their clear #1, a game can be played.....

Finesser is the least-appropriate name in Huddle history. A guy who's lightyears away from even being as good as a Matt Rhule-tier GM -- potentially the worst GM in all of professional sports, when you consider the damage he's done and is doing -- doesn't deserve "Finesser."

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Why do you understand da bears traded up one spot and not see that can happening to texans. Is it likely, hell no. 49ers were not drafting a QB, you do understand? They got the bears to believe some other team was trading up in order to pick mitch. Bears either believe or knew the package/GM/______ and choose to give up a whole bunch of picks in order to guarantee mitchy. Its simple looking back and for sure happened. 

Jesus fuging christ, are you serious with this?!?!?!?!

The 49ers didn't just trade two 1's, two 2's, and a stud WR to get that draft pick to draft a QB

I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on a message board ever.  Yes, if we already had that draft pick, we could bluff our way into a pick swap for the 2nd pick.  But we just traded a poo ton of assets to move up here, you don't do that to then trade back to #4 and just accept whatever player falls to you there, you just don't do it.

So there is nothing to bluff the Texans with other than saying we're going to draft who they want.  And if that's he case, then we're not trading them the pick because then they'd draft who we want.

It really, really, really isn't that hard to understand.

It's simple.... If the Texans want who we want, we wouldn't swap with them, and if they don't want who we want, they wouldn't swap with us.

There is no logical way we can bluff trading it to another team after all we gave up unless the Colts are going to swap picks with us while giving us their 1st next year AND Pittman at the same time, and that's not happening either, because if they would do that, the Bears would have made that trade with them instead of us.

Edited by tukafan21

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

My question is how would we make them honor it? Say they said they wanted Young but come draft day got Stroud when we were set on getting Stroud or vise versa. 

In my scenario this is a draft day decision. Like within the 10 minutes when you know. We hold all the leverage. 

the other situation is we are 100% fine with Stroud or Young and don’t care which we get (don’t think this is realistic) 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Finesser is the least-appropriate name in Huddle history. A guy who's lightyears away from even being as good as a Matt Rhule-tier GM -- potentially the worst GM in all of professional sports, when you consider the damage he's done and is doing -- doesn't deserve "Finesser."

He got picks for island boy, little, and daley........

Thats for sure are finesses.

He got DJ to sign a trade friendly deal along with team friendly when jokers like kirk and jones were getting high 18 million and didnt do 1/4 of what DJ done. 

He is the #1 GM in getting trade value on his side form trading draft picks. 

No GM is perfect bro, no one makes many moves and batts 1.000. 

Besides the darnold trade, most of the deals have very little risk and high reward. Which in my book is smart. 

Luvu looks likes a super bargain BOTH times.

Boze was peanuts too.

Do I need to say foreman for 2million was one of the best deals as well?

If you only look for wrong and bad, you will find........look for both bro...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He got picks for island boy, little, and daley........

Thats for sure are finesses.

He got DJ to sign a trade friendly deal along with team friendly when jokers like kirk and jones were getting high 18 million and didnt do 1/4 of what DJ done. 

He is the #1 GM in getting trade value on his side form trading draft picks. 

No GM is perfect bro, no one makes many moves and batts 1.000. 

Besides the darnold trade, most of the deals have very little risk and high reward. Which in my book is smart. 

Luvu looks likes a super bargain BOTH times.

Boze was peanuts too.

Do I need to say foreman for 2million was one of the best deals as well?

If you only look for wrong and bad, you will find........look for both bro...

Agreed, most importantly we can understand his failures and what he saw. I think Fitt is a great gm, and I look forward to seeing what he can do going forward.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Jesus fuging christ, are you serious with this?!?!?!?!

The 49ers didn't just trade two 1's, two 2's, and a stud WR to get that draft pick to draft a QB

I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on a message board ever.  Yes, if we already had that draft pick, we could bluff our way into a pick swap for the 2nd pick.  But we just traded a poo ton of assets to move up here, you don't do that to then trade back to #4 and just accept whatever player falls to you there, you just don't do it.

So there is nothing to bluff the Texans with other than saying we're going to draft who they want.  And if that's he case, then we're not trading them the pick because then they'd draft who we want.

It really, really, really isn't that hard to understand.

It's simple.... If the Texans want who we want, we wouldn't swap with them, and if they don't want who we want, they wouldn't swap with us.

There is no logical way we can bluff trading it to another team after all we gave up unless the Colts are going to swap picks with us while giving us their 1st next year AND Pittman at the same time, and that's not happening either, because if they would do that, the Bears would have made that trade with them instead of us.

Panthers moved form 9 to 1. Bears moved form 3 to 2. And paid up, same for the browns moving form 10 to 9 with in-division ravens.

You also would have said "no chance a team would move form 3 to 2" Right or wrong? Same for moving up one pick with a in-division team, but bubby that happened as well. 

Its happened and shown why. Call it dumb all you want. 

It doesnt work if both texans and panthers have the same player rated on top. Never was in what I said.

You dont know what the colts and their crackhead owner are willing to give for the first pick. Neither do I, but finessererere may.

Not wanting to get your blood pressure up on speculation, just talking history and knowing it repeats.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Panthers moved form 9 to 1. Bears moved form 3 to 2. And paid up, same for the browns moving form 10 to 9 with in-division ravens.

You also would have said "no chance a team would move form 3 to 2" Right or wrong? Same for moving up one pick with a in-division team, but bubby that happened as well. 

Its happened and shown why. Call it dumb all you want. 

It doesnt work if both texans and panthers have the same player rated on top. Never was in what I said.

You dont know what the colts and their crackhead owner are willing to give for the first pick. Neither do I, but finessererere may.

Not wanting to get your blood pressure up on speculation, just talking history and knowing it repeats.

The problem is you’re looking at those other trades in a vacuum of just the draft picks.  The teams trading back weren’t taking a player at the same position as those trading up, that’s massively significant when it comes to QB.

In the end, no team has a true tie as their top QB on their board.  So even if the Panthers knew 100% who the Texans top guy was, and it wasn’t their own, you can’t bluff trading back to 4 there since you then wouldn’t get your guy either.

There just isn’t a logical scenario I can see where we can trade back here with the Texans to 2 and still get our top guy, short of the Texans GM just getting badly played like a fool.

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

The problem is you’re looking at those other trades in a vacuum of just the draft picks.  The teams trading back weren’t taking a player at the same position as those trading up, that’s massively significant when it comes to QB.

In the end, no team has a true tie as their top QB on their board.  So even if the Panthers knew 100% who the Texans top guy was, and it wasn’t their own, you can’t bluff trading back to 4 there since you then wouldn’t get your guy either.

There just isn’t a logical scenario I can see where we can trade back here with the Texans to 2 and still get our top guy, short of the Texans GM just getting badly played like a fool.

Its tepper and fitt. THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO fug THIS UP IT IS WHAT THEY DO

• Poo 4