• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's fuggin goooooooo!!!

Zod

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt - apologies.

My argument is that his height will limit his ability to see the middle of the field and his weight (especially his small frame) means he's an extreme risk to get injured as most players in the front 7 outweigh him by 50lbs. 

Right because there's no way for a person 6ft or shorter to navigate the pocket and find throwing lanes... It's never been done before! Dur!

And it's not like Young hasn't been doing just that sort of thing in the NFL's minor league, I mean SEC, his whole college career against NFL sized players...

Every person and body is different. Size/weight don't mean poo when it comes to taking hits. The right hit will end anyone's career or injure them regardless of size. Just ask Cam Newton and his shoulder or Thomas Davis and his knees. Guys like Russell Wilson(won a SB), Sonny Jurgensen(played till his 40s), Mich Vick(slight, multiple pro bowler), Eddie LeBaron(smallest QB ever played over a decade), Doug Flutie(played 12 pro seasons), and Drew Brees(one of the best ever stats wise) have had long careers that were relativity injury free or played a long time after injuries.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

If I am a G.M. and in position to draft Young, I would trade down a few positions and pick up more draft selections if I thought Stroud, Levi or Robinson would be available, depending on which one I liked best, when my team would be on the draft clock.

Young isn't QB1 due to height, weight concerns. The real smokescreen is actually comparing him to STROUD when his actual tier because of those liabilities is Levis.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

He was clutch in a lot of aspects in that game but there’s just something about Young. He makes me feel safe and warm.

If Young were Strouds size he would be the slam dunk #1 overall. He would be being talked about as a generational talent like Luck, Lawrence etc.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

If Young were Strouds size he would be the slam dunk #1 overall. He would be being talked about as a generational talent like Luck, Lawrence etc.

I’m personally still viewing him that way. There’s a good post on Reddit looking into Bryce size and overblown injury concerns. YES it’s absolutely possible he’s more prone to certain things. But if you watch him, as small as he is, he’s very compact and organized with his body. He knows what he can take physically and doesn’t push it. I just see him as a franchise saver. I’m the highest Bryce guy you’ll meet.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Right because there's no way for a person 6ft or shorter to navigate the pocket and find throwing lanes... It's never been done before! Dur!

And it's not like Young hasn't been doing just that sort of thing in the NFL's minor league, I mean SEC, his whole college career against NFL sized players...

Every person and body is different. Size/weight don't mean poo when it comes to taking hits. The right hit will end anyone's career or injure them regardless of size. Just ask Cam Newton and his shoulder or Thomas Davis and his knees. Guys like Russell Wilson(won a SB), Sonny Jurgensen(played till his 40s), Mich Vick(slight, multiple pro bowler), Eddie LeBaron(smallest QB ever played over a decade), Doug Flutie(played 12 pro seasons), and Drew Brees(one of the best ever stats wise) have had long careers that were relativity injury free or played a long time after injuries.

This is true. The o linemen and d linemen in the SEC are pretty much the same size as NFL lines and I don’t recall Young having much trouble with getting passes swatted down, or getting injured. I am slightly in favor of CJ (maybe 60/40) but I believe Young has a chance to be special.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, joemac said:

This is true. The o linemen and d linemen in the SEC are pretty much the same size as NFL lines and I don’t recall Young having much trouble with getting passes swatted down, or getting injured. I am slightly in favor of CJ (maybe 60/40) but I believe Young has a chance to be special.

I respect the open mindedness towards that sentiment and I totally see why someone would like Stroud as a safer option. I just see Bryce as the face the the league kinda player.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

We can't afford to lose any more draft picks. Better to go after a free agent. Jakobi Meyers, JuJu, Allen Lazzard, or Darius Slayton please. 

I understand your logic, but this is such a subpar group of WRs…

7 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

I understand your logic, but this is such a subpar group of WRs…

You don't have to do it all this year.  Get a playmaker TE in the draft and a vet WR in FA.  Resign Foreman and Bozeman and the offense will be fine.  Get our WR1 next year.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You don't have to do it all this year.  Get a playmaker TE in the draft and a vet WR in FA.  Resign Foreman and Bozeman and the offense will be fine.  Get our WR1 next year.

I'm hoping for that UGA TE or Luke Musgrave at 39. Or we could flip that and go free agent TE: Mike Gesicki, Dalton Schultz, Austin Hooper, Robert Tonyan, Hayden Hurst, and then WR at 39 (Josh Downs,  Odunze, JSN, Hyatt or Rashee Rice).

• Pie 1